- Andrea Lora Kossler, MD, is Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Stanford University School of Medicine and Co-Director of the Ophthalmic Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery and Orbital Oncology Service at the Byers Eye Institute at Stanford. She specializes in plastic and reconstructive surgery of the forehead, mid-face, and eyes with a special interest in aesthetic medicine. Dr. Kossler’s research interests include thyroid eye disease, orbital oncology, and neurostimulation of the lacrimal gland to treat dry eye disease.
Andrea earned her medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine where she graduated summa cum laude and valedictorian of her class. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida where she graduated with highest honors. She completed her internship in internal medicine at the Mount Sinai Medical Center and her residency in ophthalmology at the number one ranked Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. She continued at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute to finish her fellowship in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery and served as a Clinic Instructor of Ophthalmology.
Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Ophthalmology: Oculo-Plastic & Orbital Reconstructive Surgery
- Clinical Interests: Thyroid Eye Disease; Mohs Reconstruction; Orbital Oncology; Cosmetic Surgery; Neurostimulation
Education & Medical Training
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida
- University Miami Hospital & Clinic
- University Miami School of Medicine
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License2012 - 2015
- FL State Medical LicenseActive through 2014
- American Board of OphthalmologyOphthalmology, 2012
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Annual AAO Conference: Best Ocular & Orbital Oncology PaperAAO- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Marvin Quickert Thesis AwardASOPRS- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Valedictorian & Summa Cum LaudeGeorgetown University School of Medicine
- The full profile is locked and available to verified physicians only.
Join over 50% of U.S. physicians already on Doximity and get access to this and over 700,000 physician CVs. Find your physician profile