Dr. Kossler is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2452 Watson Crt
Palo Alto, CA 94303Phone(650) 723-6995
- Is this information wrong?
- Andrea Lora Kossler, MD, is Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Stanford University School of Medicine and Co-Director of the Ophthalmic Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery and Orbital Oncology Service at the Byers Eye Institute at Stanford. She specializes in plastic and reconstructive surgery of the forehead, mid-face, and eyes with a special interest in aesthetic medicine. Dr. Kossler’s research interests include thyroid eye disease, orbital oncology, and neurostimulation of the lacrimal gland to treat dry eye disease.
Andrea earned her medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine where she graduated summa cum laude and valedictorian of her class. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida where she graduated with highest honors. She completed her internship in internal medicine at the Mount Sinai Medical Center and her residency in ophthalmology at the number one ranked Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. She continued at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute to finish her fellowship in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery and served as a Clinic Instructor of Ophthalmology.
Education & Training
- University of Miami Hospital & ClinicFellowship, Ophthalmic Reconstructive, Facial Plastic Surgery & Orbital Oncology, 2010 - 2012
- University of Miami School of MedicineResidency, Ophthalmology, 2007 - 2010
- Mount Sinai Medical Center of FloridaInternship, Internal Medicine, 2006 - 2007
- Georgetown University School of MedicineClass of 2006
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2012 - 2023
- FL State Medical License 2010 - 2014
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Annual AAO Conference: Best Ocular & Orbital Oncology Paper AAO- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Marvin Quickert Thesis Award ASOPRS- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Valedictorian & Summa Cum Laude Georgetown University School of Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- Ophthalmic artery occlusion following n-butyl cyanoacrylate embolization of an orbital arteriovenous malformation.Marissa K. Shoji, Ann Q Tran, Wendy W. Lee, Sander R. Dubovy, Andrea L. Kossler> ;Orbit. 2021 Aug 8
- Ocular, Orbital, and Adnexal Toxicity With High-dose Volumetric Modulated Arc Radiation Therapy For Orbital Malignancies.Giancarlo A. Garcia, Emily S. Charlson, Clinton Kolseth, Namju Kim, Andrea L. Kossler> ;Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2021 Jul 19
- Teprotumumab for the treatment of chronic thyroid eye disease.Shoaib Ugradar, Julia Kang, Andrea L. Kossler, Erin Zimmerman, Jenna Braun, Andrew R. Harrison, Swaraj Bose, Kimberly P. Cockerham, Raymond S Douglas> ;Eye. 2021 Jul 9
- Join now to see all
- Bilateral Atypical Eyelid Lesions in a 50-Year-Old WomanEmily S Charlson, Andrea L Kossler, JAMA Ophthalmology
- Vibrating Device Relieves Pain at Anesthesia Injection SitesJanuary 2020
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: