Dr. Tewari is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office625 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10022Phone(212) 241-9955
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a surgeon scientist involved with Prostate Cancer research and treatment. Current Chairman of Urology at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. I have an interest in Robotic Prostatectomy and have performed this operation for the last 14 years. I have helped to refine the technique of nerve and continence preservation during this procedure.
Previously founding Director of the Institute of Prostate Cancer at NYPH/WCMC and Director of the LeFrak Center for Robotic Surgery at NYPH.
Founder of the Prostate Cancer Symposium and Research Symposium in New York City. Involved with nerve sparing, robotic prostate surgery, anatomic, genomic, outcomes and surgical innovations in prostate cancer surgery.
Personally involved with over 5500 robotic prostate cancer surgeries for last 10 years and routinely perform Artmis guided MRI TRUS fusion biopsies. Have researched novel biopsy techniques, MRI based imaging to identify aggressive prostate cancer and have developed novel protocols for focal therapy, active surveillance, and minimally invasive treatment of prostate cancer.
I run a comprehensive program for prostate cancer where all modalities are available and patients are offered appropriate treatment for their disease.
Have awards from the Prostate Cancer Foundation (http://www.pcf.org/site/c.leJRIROrEpH/b.5699537/k.BEF4/Home.htm) and have won awards from the American Urological Association (AUA) http://www.auanet.org/content/about-us/awards.cfm
Specialties: Urology, Oncology, Genomics, Prostate Cancer and Robotic Surgery, Focal Therapy, Active Surveillance, Prostate MRI, and Nerve Sparing techniques.
Education & Training
- Henry Ford Hospital - Wayne State UniversityResidency, Urology, 2000 - 2004
- G.S.V.M Medical College KanpurClass of 1984
- UCSF - FresnoFellowship, Urologic Oncology
- University of Florida, GainevilleFellowship, Urologic Oncology
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- FL State Medical License 2020 - 2023
- CT State Medical License 2020 - 2022
- NJ State Medical License 2018 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 2004 - 2023
- MI State Medical License 1999 - 2004
- American Board of Urology Urology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2008-2014
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area Castle Connolly, 2007-2014
- New York Magazine: Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2006-2014
- Join now to see all
- Gene-Environment Interaction in Prostate Cancer Start of enrollment: 2001 Jul 01Benjamin A Rybicki, PhD and Ashutosh Tewari, MD
- A Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of MAGE-A3/A6 T Cell Receptor Engineered T Cells (KITE-718) in HLA-DPB1*04:01 Positive Subjects With Advanced Cancers Rajul Jain, MD
- Neoadjuvant Hiltonol® (PolyICLC) for Prostate Cancer Ashutosh K. Tewari, MD
- Feasibility of the LUM Imaging System for Detection of Prostate Cancer Ashutosh Tewari, MD
Publications & Presentations
- An integrated nomogram combining deep learning, Prostate Imaging-Reporting and Data System (PI-RADS) scoring, and clinical variables for identification of clinically s...Amogh Hiremath, Rakesh Shiradkar, Pingfu Fu, Amr Mahran, Ardeshir R. Rastinehad, Ashutosh K. Tewari, Sree Harsha Tirumani, Andrei S. Purysko, Lee Ponsky, Anant Madabhushi> ;The Lancet. Digital health. 2021 Jul 1
- Does Gender Matter in Academic Surgery? Author and Mentor Gender Impact Publication Citations in Surgical Research.Devki Shukla, Vannita Simma-Chiang, Natasha Kyprianou, Ashutosh K. Tewari, Dara Lundon> ;Urology. 2021 Jun 14
- Comparative analysis of 1152 African-American and European-American men with prostate cancer identifies distinct genomic and immunological differences.Walter Rayford, Alp Tuna Beksac, Jordan Alger, Mohammed Alshalalfa, Mohsen Ahmed, Irtaza Khan, Ugo Falagario, Yang Liu, Elai Davicioni, Daniel E. Spratt, Edward M. Sch...> ;Communications biology. 2021 Jun 3
- Join now to see all
- Estimated Costs Associated with Radiation Therapy for Positive Surgical Margins During Radical ProstatectomyAshutosh K Tewari, Ardeshir R Rastinehad, JAMA Network Open
- Development and Validation of 3D Printed Virtual Models for Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy and Partial Nephrectomy: Urologists’ and Patients’ PerceptionAshutosh Tewari, Riccardo Autorino, World Journal of Urology
- Intratumor Heterogeneity in Prostate CancerJune 2018
- With Equal Care, African American and White Men Have Same Prostate Cancer SurvivalJanuary 27th, 2020
- For Some Cancers, Experts Increasingly Favor A ‘Wait and See’ Approach to TreatmentSeptember 11th, 2015
- I Started Researching Prostate Cancer and Scared the Hell Out of MyselfApril 28th, 2014
- Join now to see all
- Multi Photon Microscopy for Prostate Cancer2010 - 2013
- Chair AV Committee
- Member Education Comittee
- Hindi, Urdu
- The Mount Sinai HospitalNew York, New York
- Mount Sinai Beth IsraelNew York, New York
- Mount Sinai MorningsideNew York, New York
- Mount Sinai WestNew York, New York
- Mount Sinai Hospital of QueensAstoria, New York
- Mount Sinai BrooklynBrooklyn, New York
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount SinaiNew York, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: