Are you Dr. Saran?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 15 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office21808 State Road 54
Lutz, FL 33549Phone+1 866-762-1743Fax+1 813-428-6190
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Avtar Saran, MD is a geriatrician in Lutz, Florida. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Florida and Ohio. He is affiliated with Morton Plant North Bay Hospital.
Education & Training
- Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical CenterResidency, Psychiatry, 1977 - 1979
- Government Medical College AmritsarClass of 1972
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2013 - 2023
- OH State Medical License 1977 - 2014
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Geriatric Psychiatry
Publications & Presentations
- 43 citationsDesipramine Lowers Tritiated Para-Aminoclonidine Binding in Platelets of Depressed PatientsJohn E. Piletz, Angelos Halaris, Avtar Saran, Matthew Marler> ;Archives of General Psychiatry. 1991 Sep 1
- 6 citationsRelationship between membrane fluidity and adrenoceptor binding in depressionJohn E. Piletz, Martha Sarasua, Maqsood Chotani, Avtar Saran, Angelos Halaris> ;Psychiatry Research-neuroimaging. 1991 Jul 1
- 10 citationsElectroencephalographic changes and other indices of neurotoxicity with haloperidol-lithium therapyAvtar S. Saran, Obo Addy, Roland H. Foliart, Daniel S.P. Schubert, Angelos Halaris> ;Neuropsychobiology. 1988 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- Morton Plant North Bay HospitalNew Port Richey, Florida