Dr. Johnston is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1301 Fayetteville St
Durham, NC 27707Phone(919) 956-4034Fax(919) 560-7687
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Albert Einstein - Montefiore Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1983 - 1986
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of MedicineClass of 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 2012 - 2022
- NY State Medical License 1984 - 2019
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012
- Physician Practice Connections Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2012-2015
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2012-2015
- Reducing Unsafe Drinking in HIV Primary Care Start of enrollment: 2006 Oct 01Kaufman, D.L.,Johnston, B.E.
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsPublic Awareness of HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis in Durham, North Carolina: Results of a Community Survey.Helen L. Zhang, Bhavini Murthy, Barbara Johnston, Marissa Mortiboy, Jiewei Wu, Gregory P. Samsa, Arlene C. Seña, Mehri McKellar> ;North Carolina medical journal. 2019 Jan 1
- 13 citationsPerceived Medical Risks of Drinking, Alcohol Consumption, and Hepatitis C Status Among Heavily Drinking HIV Primary Care PatientsJennifer C. Elliott, Efrat Aharonovich, Ann O'Leary, Barbara Johnston, Deborah S. Hasin> ;Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 2014 Dec 1
- 69 citationsReducing heavy drinking in HIV primary care: a randomized trial of brief intervention, with and without technological enhancement.Deborah S. Hasin, Efrat Aharonovich, Ann O'Leary, Eliana Greenstein, Martina Pavlicova, Srikesh Arunajadai, Rachel Waxman, Milton L. Wainberg, John E. Helzer, Barbara ...> ;Addiction. 2013 Jul 1
- Join now to see all
- Duke Regional HospitalDurham, North Carolina
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: