Are you Dr. Klein?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 41 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office126 Forest St
Madison, WI 53726Phone(608) 238-6830
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Barbara Klein, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist in Madison, Wisconsin. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Wisconsin, California, and Florida. She is affiliated with University Hospital and is a Professor at University of Wisconsin Medical School.
Education & Training
- University of WisconsinResidency, Ophthalmology, 1977 - 1980
- University of North Carolina HospitalsResidency, Preventive Medicine, 1971 - 1973
- NYU School of MedicineInternship, Internal Medicine, 1969 - 1970
- NYU School of MedicineClass of 1969
Certifications & Licensure
- WI State Medical License 1976 - 2021
- CA State Medical License 1974 - Present
- FL State Medical License 1973 - 2007
- NC State Medical License 1970 - 1998
- NY State Medical License 1970 - Present
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
- American Board of Preventive Medicine General Preventive Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2011
Publications & Presentations
- Association of Coding Variants in Hydroxysteroid 17-beta Dehydrogenase 14 (HSD17B14) with Reduced Progression to End Stage Kidney Disease in Type 1 Diabetes.Josyf C. Mychaleckyj, Erkka Valo, Takaharu Ichimura, Tarunveer S. Ahluwalia, Christian Dina, Rachel G. Miller, Ivan G. Shabalin, Beata Gyorgy, Jingjing Cao, Suna Oneng...> ;Journal of The American Society of Nephrology. 2021 Jul 14
- Benefit of Musical Training for Speech Perception and Cognition Later in Life.Natascha Merten, Mary E. Fischer, Lauren K. Dillard, Barbara E. K. Klein, Ted S. Tweed, Karen J. Cruickshanks> ;Journal of Speech Language and Hearing Research. 2021 Jun 28
- Gene Set Enrichment Analyses Identify Pathways Involved in Genetic Risk for Diabetic Retinopathy.Lucia Sobrin, Gayatri Susarla, Lynn K. Stanwyck, John M. Rouhana, Ashley Li, Samuela Pollack, Robert P. Igo, Richard A. Jensen, Xiaohui Li, Maggie C.Y. Ng, Albert V. S...> ;American Journal of Ophthalmology. 2021 Jun 21
- Join now to see all
- Aspirin Linked to Rare Form of Vision Loss | TIME.comJanuary 29th, 2016
- University HospitalMadison, Wisconsin