Overview of Dr. Kozower
Dr. Benjamin Kozower is a thoracic surgeon in Saint Louis, MO and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Siteman Cancer Center and Barnes-Jewish Hospital. He received his medical degree from University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry and has been in practice 20 years. Dr. Kozower accepts several types of health insurance, listed below. He is one of 41 doctors at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and one of 5 doctors at Siteman Cancer Center who specialize in Thoracic Surgery.
Office660 South Euclid Ave
Dept. of Surgery at Washington University
Saint Louis, MO 63110
- Is this information wrong?
Skills & Expertise
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, Thoracic surgical oncology, Neoplasm staging, Pneumonectomy, Thoracic surgery, Lung transplantation
Education & Training
- Washington UniversityFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 2004 - 2006
- University of ConnecticutResidency, General Surgery, 1997 - 2004
- University of Rochester School of Medicine and DentistryClass of 1997
- University of VirginiaMPH, Public Health
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- MO State Medical License 2016 - 2022
- VA State Medical License 2006 - 2016
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Surgery Complex General Surgical Oncology
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Inpatient - Core EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- A Study of Patient-reported Outcomes in Patients With Lung or Esophageal Cancer Start of enrollment: 2014 Aug 01Kozower, B.,Burks, S.
- A Randomized Phase III Study of Sublobar Resection (+/- Brachytherapy) Versus Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy in High Risk Patients With Stage I Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Start of enrollment: 2011 May 01Cattaneo, S.M.,Cho, B.J.,Crabtree, T.D.,Fernando, H.C.,Gore, E.M.,Huber, K.E.,Hudes, R.S.,Inoue, Y.,Kozower, B.D.,Le-Lindqwister, N.A.,Malthaner, R.A.,Nathanson, S.D.,Nichols, F.C.,Rineer, J.
- Utility of Routine Cervical Mediastinoscopy in Clinically Staged T2N0M0 and Select T1N0M0 Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers by FDG-PET and CT Scans Start of enrollment: 2008 Jan 01Bell, J.M.,Fernandez, F.,Kozower, B.,Meyers, B.F.,Musick, J.F.,Veeramachaneni, N.K.
- A Phase III Randomized Trial of Lobectomy Versus Sublobar Resection for Small (â‰¤ 2 CM) Peripheral Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Start of enrollment: 2007 Jun 01Abbas, A.E.,Altorki, N.K.,Ashrafi, A.S.,Atkins, J.N.,Battafarano, R.J.,Bauer, T.L.,Beauchamp, G.,Birdas, T.J.,Burfeind, W.R.,Crabtree, T.D.,DiMeo, A.C.,DiPerna, C.A.,Dubois, P.M.,Frechette, E.,Gamliel, Z....
- Post-Treatment Surveillance in Lung Cancer Benjamin Kozower, MD
Publications & Presentations
- Cost-effectiveness Analysis of Robotic-assisted Lobectomy for Non-small Cell Lung CancerBrendan T. Heiden, Joshua D. Mitchell, Eric Rome, Varun Puri, Bryan F. Meyers, Su-Hsin Chang, Benjamin D. Kozower> ;The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2021 Aug 10
- Routine Collection of Patient Reported Outcomes in Thoracic Surgery: A Quality Improvement Study.Brendan T. Heiden, Melanie P. Subramanian, Ruben G. Nava, Alexander Patterson, Bryan F. Meyers, Varun Puri, Christian Oncken, Angela D. Keith, Tracey J. Guthrie, Deird...> ;The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2021 Jul 2
- Clinical Features and Outcomes of Combined Pulmonary Fibrosis and Emphysema After Lung Transplantation.Tsuyoshi Takahashi, Yuriko Terada, Michael K. Pasque, Jingxia Liu, Derek E. Byers, Chad A. Witt, Ruben G. Nava, Varun Puri, Benjamin D. Kozower, Bryan F. Meyers, Danie...> ;Chest. 2021 Jun 26
- Join now to see all
- Bronchiolitis-Obliterans Syndrome-Free Survival Following Lung Transplantation - an International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) Thoracic Transplan...Daniel E Kreisel, Varun Puri, Benjamin D Kozower, G Alec Patterson, The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Bronchiolitis-Obliterans Syndrome-Free Survival Following Lung Transplantation - an International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) Thoracic Transplant Registry AnalysisSeptember 2018
- Cancer Clinical Trial Access Expands in St. Louis Area Thanks to $7.8m to Siteman Cancer CenterAugust 2nd, 2019
- Siteman Cancer Center Awarded $7.8 Million to Expand Clinical Trials AccessAugust 1st, 2019
- Watch What Happens: Keeping an Eye on Lung CancerApril 6th, 2019
- Join now to see all
- Mortality Assessment In Lung Cancer ResectionAgency For Healthcare Research And Quality2009–2011
- Aetna Choice POS II
Anthem HealthKeepers HMO/POS
Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card PPO
CIGNA Open Access
Coventry Carelink Health Plans PPOCoventry Virginia - HMO
First Health PPO
Great West PPO
Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
- Please verify your coverage with the provider's office directly when scheduling an appointment
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: