Dr. Schlakman is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
See Dr. Schlakman's full profile
Office705 Arlington Ct
Madison, MS 39110
- Is this information wrong?
- Experienced Neuroradiologist. Specializing in MRI and CT imaging.
Currently in Jackson, MS at the University of Mississippi Medical Center since 2008.
Previously in private practice in Miami and S. Florida.
Originally from New York and then 10 years training in Philadelphia, PA at University of Pennsylvania before moving south.
I enjoy the more complicated cases at an academic, tertiary care center.
Previous leadership roles in private practice including running a small imaging company, managing a small private practice group and Vice Chief of Staff at North Shore Medical Center in Miami.
Education & Training
- University of Pennsylvania Health SystemFellowship, Neuroradiology, 1992 - 1993
- University of Pennsylvania Health SystemResidency, Radiology-Diagnostic, 1988 - 1992
- Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Health SystemInternship, Internal Medicine, 1987 - 1988
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of PennsylvaniaClass of 1987
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1993 - 2025
- PA State Medical License 1988 - 2024
- CA State Medical License 1992 - 2024
- MS State Medical License 2007 - 2023
- American Board of Radiology Diagnostic Radiology
- American Board of Radiology Neuroradiology
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsGlioblastoma Presenting with Acute Middle Cerebral Artery Territory Infarct.Amy Farkas, Bruce Schlakman, Majid Khan, David Joyner> ;Journal of Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases. 2018 Jul 1
- 9 citationsBalamuthia mandrillaris meningoencephalitis associated with solid organ transplantation--review of cases.Matthew LaFleur, David Joyner, Bruce Schlakman, Ludwig Orozco-Castillo, Majid Khan> ;Journal of Radiology Case Reports. 2013 Sep 1
- 17 citationsDifferentiation of Neuromyelitis Optica from Multiple Sclerosis on Spinal Magnetic Resonance ImagingSaurabh Lalan, Majid Khan, Bruce Schlakman, Alan D. Penman, Joseph L. Gatlin, Robert M. Herndon> ;International journal of MS care. 2012 Dec 28
- Join now to see all
- University of Mississippi Medical CenterJackson, Mississippi
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: