Are you Dr. Akin?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 52 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office19550 E 39th St S
Independence, MO 64057Phone+1 816-461-6837Fax+1 816-833-1760
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Carl Akin, MD is a cardiologist in Independence, Missouri. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Missouri. He is affiliated with Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence Regional Health Center, and Ray County Memorial Hospital.
Education & Training
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of MedicineFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1976 - 1978
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1974 - 1976
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine/St Luke's HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1973 - 1973
- University of Kansas School of MedicineClass of 1973
Certifications & Licensure
- MO State Medical License 1974 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top MD Consumers Checkbook
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
Publications & Presentations
- 19 citationsGenetic variants of ApoE account for variability of plasma low-density lipoprotein and apolipoprotein B levels in FHBL.Pin Yue, William L. Isley, William S. Harris, Stefan Rosipal, Carl D. Akin, Gustav Schonfeld> ;Atherosclerosis. 2005 Jan 1
- Independence Regional Health CenterIndependence, Missouri
- Carroll County Memorial HospitalCarrollton, Missouri
- Centerpoint Medical CenterIndependence, Missouri
- Ray County Memorial HospitalRichmond, Missouri