Dr. Watson is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2201 Hempstead Turnpike
East Meadow, NY 11554
- Is this information wrong?
- Carlton C.L. Watson, M.D., M.S. is originally from Brooklyn, New York. He graduated Cum Laude from Virginia Commonwealth University with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science and a minor in Chemistry. Thereafter, he attended Drexel University College of Medicine and obtained his Master of Science in Biological Sciences. He later attended the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine. In 2020, he joined the Department of Surgery at Nassau University Medical Center for his internship year. Throughout medical school, he focused his research efforts on traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. He has published several peer-reviewed journal articles and has presented his work at national neurosurgical meetings.
Education & Training
- Lahey ClinicResidency, Neurological Surgery, 2021
- Nassau University Medical CenterResidency, General Surgery, 2020 - 2021
- American University of the Caribbean School of MedicineClass of 2019, MD
- Drexel University College of MedicineMS, Biological Sciences, 2012 - 2014
- Virginia Commonwealth UniversityBS, Exercise Science, Cum Laude, 2009 - 2012
Publications & Presentations
- Outcomes and Complications of Endovascular Mechanical Thrombectomy in the Treatment of Acute Posterior Circulation Occlusions: A Systematic ReviewCarlton Watson, Alejandro Feria, Ching-Jen Chen, Arturo Camacho> ;World Neurosurgery. 2021 Jan 1
- Pain control after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: A Contemporary Literature ReviewRasouli, J., Watson, C., Yaeger, K., Ladner, T., Kellner, C., Dangayach, N., Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, 10/2019
- Vascular Lesions In Childhood - What You See Is Not Always What You GetMaqsood, S., Watson, C., Decade, E., Guiney, P., Journal of Family Medicine, 5/2/2019
- What the future holds for the challenging Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia?Bisharat-Kernizan J., Watson C., Margetis K., Clinical Trials in Degenerative Diseases, 10/23/2018
- Join now to see all
- Pharmacologic Venous Thromboembolic Prophylaxis in High-Risk Traumatic Brain InjuryWatson C., Schūpper A., Barthélemy E., Cescon J., Oliver GA., Jones S., Hickman Z, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Boston, MA, 4/2020
- The Current State of Beta-Blocker Use to Improve Outcome After Acute Traumatic Brain InjuryWatson C., Schūpper A., Barthélemy E., Twelker K., Jones S., Hickman Z., American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Boston, MA, 4/2020
- Outcomes and complications of endovascular mechanical thrombectomy in the treatment of posterior circulation occlusions: a systematic reviewWatson C., Chen C.J., Kadakia S., Camacho A., Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Houston, TX, 10/2018
- Join now to see all
- American College of SurgeonsStudent Member
- National Medical Association (NMA)Member
- NYC Health + Hospitals / ElmhurstElmhurst, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: