Are you Dr. Cooper?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 63 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office22 S Greene St
Baltimore, MD 21201
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Carnell Cooper, MD is a general surgeon in Baltimore, Maryland. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Maryland, Virginia, and Missouri. He is an Associate Professor at University of Maryland School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- Yale-New Haven Medical CenterResidency, Surgery, 1986 - 1990
- University of MinnesotaResidency, Surgery, 1983 - 1986
- M Health FairviewInternship, Transitional Year, 1982 - 1983
- Duke University School of MedicineClass of 1982
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 1990 - 2024
- VA State Medical License 2021 - 2024
- NY State Medical License 1986 - 2023
- TX State Medical License 2019 - 2022
- NE State Medical License 2017 - 2021
- MO State Medical License 2019 - 2020
- FL State Medical License 2013 - 2015
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsThe Challenges and Strategies of Affordable Care Act Navigators and In-Person Assisters with Enrolling Uninsured, Violently Injured Young Black Men into Healthcare Ins...Joseph B. Richardson, William Wical, Nipun Kottage, Mihir Chaudhary, Nicholas Galloway, Carnell Cooper> ;American Journal of Men's Health. 2021 Apr 13
- 5 citationsPrevention Professional for Violence Intervention: A Newly Recognized Health Care Provider for Population Health Programs.Kyle R. Fischer, Carnell Cooper, Anne Marks, Gary Slutkin> ;Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2020 Jan 1
- 5 citationsReducing the impact of violence on the health status of African-Americans: Literature review and recommendations from the Society of Black Academic Surgeons.Kimberly Joseph, Patricia L. Turner, Linda Barry, Carnell Cooper, Omar K. Danner, Samuel Enumah, Jw Awori Hayanga, Iyore James, Bridget Oppong, Courtney Quinn Gibson, ...> ;American Journal of Surgery. 2018 Aug 10
- Join now to see all
- Southwest Virginia Hospital Systems Call for Community Help as COVID Hospitalizations Continue to RiseJanuary 27th, 2022
- Antibody Treatment Is Rising in Virginia, Raising Hopes — and Concerns — from ProvidersSeptember 27th, 2021
- COVID Hospitalizations on the Rise Across Southwest VirginiaAugust 27th, 2021
- Join now to see all