Dr. Quinsey is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office101 manning drive
UNC Dept Of Neurosurgery
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Carolyn Quinsey is a board eligible neurosurgeon who specializes in minimally invasive and shuntless surgery. Dr. Quinsey is fellowship trained in pediatric neurosurgery and operates on children and adults using innovative techniques which include endoscopic, endonasal, eyebrow craniotomy, and microscopic approaches. She is one of very few specialists using flexible neuroendoscopy, the newest technology and techniques to effectively remove tumors and treat hydrocephalus without a shunt.
Dr. Quinsey is a member of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, and the Pediatric Section of the AANS/CNS. She has presented her pediatric surgery research at several national and international meetings. She also completed a medical journalism rotation with ABC News and continues to be active in innovating new ways to inform her patients about their health using media and online resources.
Education & Training
- Oregon Health Science University HospitalFellowship, Pediatric Neurosurgery, 2016 - 2017
- University of North Carolina HospitalsResidency, Neurological Surgery, 2010 - 2016
- Medical College of WisconsinClass of 2010
- University of Wisconsin MadisonBS, Mathematics , 2002 - 2005
Certifications & Licensure
- OR State Medical License 2016 - 2018
- NC State Medical License 2010 - 2023
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- Postoperative seizures following endoscopic third ventriculostomy and choroid plexus cauterization: a case series.Randaline Barnett, Allie Harbert, Hengameh B Pajer, Angela Wabulya, Valerie Jewells, Scott Elton, Carolyn Quinsey> ;Journal of Neurosurgery. 2021 Oct 29
- Adherence to Guidelines for Managing Severe Traumatic Brain Injury in Children.Hengameh B Pajer, Anthony M. Asher, Dennis Leung, Randaline Barnett, Benny L. Joyner, Carolyn Quinsey> ;American Journal of Critical Care. 2021 Sep 1
- Revolutionizing Neurosurgery without Wielding the Knife: The Legacy of Dr. Louise Eisenhardt.Randaline Barnett, Kristin G Weiss, Hengameh B Pajer, Jo L Goh, Dawn N Kernagis, Carolyn Quinsey> ;Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 2021 Sep 27
- Join now to see all
- The Case for ScrubsJuly 2020
- The Case for ScrubsJuly 2020
- UNC's Dr. Carolyn Quinsey Works to Improve Neurosurgical Care in Malawi: 5 InsightsFebruary 28th, 2019
- UNC Doctor Travels Thousands of Miles to Perform Lifesaving SurgeriesFebruary 23rd, 2019
- The Case for ScrubsJuly 25th, 2020
- University of North Carolina HospitalsChapel Hill, North Carolina
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: