Dr. Quinsey is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office101 manning drive
UNC Dept Of Neurosurgery
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Carolyn Quinsey is a board eligible neurosurgeon who specializes in minimally invasive and shuntless surgery. Dr. Quinsey is fellowship trained in pediatric neurosurgery and operates on children and adults using innovative techniques which include endoscopic, endonasal, eyebrow craniotomy, and microscopic approaches. She is one of very few specialists using flexible neuroendoscopy, the newest technology and techniques to effectively remove tumors and treat hydrocephalus without a shunt.
Dr. Quinsey is a member of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, and the Pediatric Section of the AANS/CNS. She has presented her pediatric surgery research at several national and international meetings. She also completed a medical journalism rotation with ABC News and continues to be active in innovating new ways to inform her patients about their health using media and online resources.
Education & Training
- Oregon Health & Science UniversityFellowship, Pediatric Neurosurgery, 2016 - 2017
- University of North Carolina HospitalsResidency, Neurological Surgery, 2010 - 2016
- Medical College of WisconsinClass of 2010
- University of Wisconsin MadisonBS, Mathematics , 2002 - 2005
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 2010 - 2024
- OR State Medical License 2016 - 2018
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons Systematic Review and Evidence-Based Guidelines for Patients With Chiari Malformation: Surgical Interventions.Jogi V Pattisapu, Laurie L Ackerman, Libby Kosnik Infinger, Cormac O Maher, Carolyn Quinsey, Brandon G Rocque, Howard Silberstein, Eric M Jackson, Sarah Jernigan, Toba...> ;Neurosurgery. 2023 Oct 1
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons Systematic Review and Evidence-Based Guidelines for Patients With Chiari Malformation: Symptoms.Eric M Jackson, Sarah Jernigan, Jeffrey S Raskin, Laurie L Ackerman, Libby Kosnik Infinger, Cormac O Maher, Toba Niazi, Jogi V Pattisapu, Rabia Qaiser, Carolyn Quinsey...> ;Neurosurgery. 2023 Oct 1
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons Systematic Review and Evidence-Based Guidelines for Patients With Chiari Malformation: Diagnosis.David F Bauer, Toba Niazi, Rabia Qaiser, Libby Kosnik Infinger, Shobhan Vachhrajani, Laurie L Ackerman, Eric M Jackson, Sarah Jernigan, Cormac O Maher, Jogi V Pattisap...> ;Neurosurgery. 2023 Oct 1
- Join now to see all
- The Case for ScrubsJuly 2020
- The Case for ScrubsJuly 2020
- The Case for ScrubsJuly 25th, 2020
- UNC's Dr. Carolyn Quinsey Works to Improve Neurosurgical Care in Malawi: 5 InsightsFebruary 28th, 2019
- UNC Doctor Travels Thousands of Miles to Perform Lifesaving SurgeriesFebruary 23rd, 2019
- University of North Carolina HospitalsChapel Hill, North Carolina
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: