Are you Dr. Newton?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 56 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1536 Story Ave
Louisville, KY 40206Phone(502) 893-1888Fax(502) 893-4446
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Catherine Newton, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist in Louisville, Kentucky. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Kentucky, Indiana, and Louisiana. She is affiliated with UofL Health - UofL Hospital, UofL Health - Jewish Hospital, and Norton Children's Hospital.
Education & Training
- University of Wisconsin Hospitals and ClinicsResidency, Ophthalmology, 1980 - 1983
- Medical College of WisconsinInternship, Transitional Year, 1979 - 1980
- University of Louisville School of MedicineClass of 1979
Certifications & Licensure
- IN State Medical License 1989 - 2019
- KY State Medical License 1985 - 2023
- LA State Medical License 1984 - 1998
- WI State Medical License 1980 - 1985
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAAO) American Academy of Ophthalmology
Publications & Presentations
- 26 citationsMUC1 and estrogen receptor α gene polymorphisms in dry eye patientsYoannis Imbert, Gary N. Foulks, Mark D. Brennan, Marcia M. Jumblatt, George John, Hassan A. Shah, Catherine Newton, Farzan Pouranfar, William W. Young> ;Experimental Eye Research. 2009 Mar 1
- 40 citationsCB(1) and CB(2) cannabinoid receptors mediate different aspects of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-induced T helper cell shift following immune activation by Legion...Catherine Newton, Ping-Jen Chou, Izabella Perkins, Thomas W. Klein> ;Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology. 2009 Mar 1
- 3 citationsBilateral herpes simplex keratitis in a patient with graft-vs-host disease.Matthew J. Robinson, Catherine Newton> ;American Journal of Ophthalmology. 1991 Oct 1
- Join now to see all