Dr. Friel is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1215 Lee St
Charlottesville, VA 22908Phone(434) 243-9970
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of Minnesota at FairviewFellowship, Colon and Rectal Surgery, 2000 - 2001
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterResidency, General Surgery, 1993 - 2000
- Harvard Affiliated HospitalsClass of 1993, MD
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 2001 - 2022
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery Colon & Rectal Surgery
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
- Vaccine Therapy in Treating Patients With Stage IIB, Stage III, or Stage IV Colorectal Cancer Start of enrollment: 2003 Mar 01Friel, C.M.
Publications & Presentations
- Preoperative REM sleep is associated with complication development after colorectal surgery.William J. Kane, Taryn E. Hassinger, David L. Chu, Emma L. Myers, Ashley N Charles, Sook C. Hoang, Charles M. Friel, Robert H. Thiele, Eric M. Davis, Traci L. Hedrick> ;Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques. 2021 May 12
- Wearable technology and the association of perioperative activity level with 30-day readmission among patients undergoing major colorectal surgery.William J. Kane, Taryn E. Hassinger, Emma L. Myers, David L. Chu, Ashley N Charles, Sook C. Hoang, Charles M. Friel, Robert H. Thiele, Traci L. Hedrick> ;Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques. 2021 Mar 29
- Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy.William J. Kane, Charles M. Friel> ;Diseases of The Colon & Rectum. 2021 May 1
- Join now to see all
- Drs. Charles Friel, Vaibhav Wadhwa & More: 4 GI Physicians Making HeadlinesMarch 8th, 2019
- American College of Gastroenterology, Access HealthNet & More: 4 GI Company Key NotesMarch 6th, 2019
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: