Are you Dr. Pickens?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 35 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office100 E Wood St
Spartanburg, SC 29303Phone(864) 560-6851Fax(864) 560-7312
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Charles Pickens, MD is a board certified internist in Spartanburg, South Carolina. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in South Carolina and Tennessee. He is affiliated with Spartanburg Medical Center - Church Street Campus.
Education & Training
- Medical College of GeorgiaFellowship, Gastroenterology, 1978 - 1980
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1975 - 1978
- Vanderbilt University School of MedicineClass of 1975
Certifications & Licensure
- SC State Medical License 1979 - 2023
- TN State Medical License Active through 2013
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Physician Practice Connections Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2012-2015
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Program National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2012-2015
Publications & Presentations
- Role of colonoscopy in patients with unexplained melena: analysis of 53 patients.Tedesco, F. J., Pickens, C. A., Griffin, J. W., Sivak, M. V., Sullivan, B. H.> ;Gastrointest Endosc. 1981 Nov
- Diminutive polyps: histopathology, spatial distribution, and clinical significance.Tedesco, F. J., Hendrix, J. C., Pickens, C. A., Brady, P. G., Mills, L. R.> ;Gastrointest Endosc. 1982 Feb
- Colonic varices. Unusual cause of rectal bleeding.Pickens, C. A., Tedesco, F. J.> ;Am J Gastroenterol. 1980 Jan
- Spartanburg Medical Center - Church Street CampusSpartanburg, South Carolina