Dr. Schwimer is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office30200 Telegraph Rd
Bingham Farms, MI 48025Phone+1 248-220-4425Fax+1 248-220-4428
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Schwimer spent six years training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation (main campus, Cleveland) in Pathology. He partook in a Dermatopathology fellowship with Dr. Wilma Bergfeld and spent time training with Dr. A. Bernard Ackerman in New York City along with Dirk Elston and other former fellows of Dr. Bergfeld. Dr. Schwimer is board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology and in Dermatopathology. He also completed a fellowship in Surgical Pathology at the Cleveland Clinic.
At Direct Path Services in Bingham Farms, Michigan, Dr. Schwimer maintains state-of-the-art laboratory operations and practices as an experienced and Board Certified Dermatopathologist to provide the best possible diagnostic services to the physician clientele, and, in turn, their patients. Direct Path is the only exclusively Michigan-based and pathologist-owned, full service Dermatopathology laboratory. Direct immunofluorescence is performed in-house for the convenience of our clients. Dr. Schwimer is also a clinical specialties staff at Michigan State University and offers both didactic and at-the-scope training to residents in the field of dermatology.
Dr. Schwimer believes that physician owned and operated laboratories have valuable advantages when compared to the competing national (Wall Street) and international (Japanese-owned) corporate labs -- they provide a more personalized and prompt service with a faster turn-around time (a bona fide 24 hours from the time of the procedure) and benefit only the local physician community. Our main competition, the “big guys,” who are owned by out-of-state business entities (Pinkus Laboratory, for example) or foreign corporations (Miraca Life Sciences, for example) cannot make this claim.
To learn more about Direct Path or to take a tour of the lab and see how Dr. Schwimer can assist you with the efficiency and success of your medical practice, please call us at 248.220.4425.
Education & Training
- Cleveland Clinic FoundationFellowship, Dermatopathology, 2002 - 2003
- Cleveland Clinic FoundationResidency, Pathology-Anatomic and Clinical, 1997 - 2001
- Firelands Regional Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 1996 - 1997
- University of New England College of Osteopathic MedicineClass of 1996
Certifications & Licensure
- SC State License 2014 - 2023
- AL State License 2010 - 2011
- MO State License 2010 - 2012
- IL State License 2009 - 2011
- FL State License 2009 - 2012
- MN State License 2009 - 2011
- NC State License 2009 - 2012
- American Board of Pathology Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- American Board of Pathology Dermatopathology
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 9 citationsFindings of osseous sclerotic bodies: a unique sequence of cutaneous bone formation in nephrogenic systemic fibrosis.Francisca Kartono, Amy Basile, Babak Roshdieh, Christopher Schwimer, Paul K. Shitabata> ;Journal of Cutaneous Pathology. 2011 Mar 1
- 9 citationsEccrine angiomatous hamartoma in a neurofibromatosis type-1 patientElias A. Castilla, Christopher J. Schwimer, Wilma F. Bergfeld, Marek Skacel, Adrian H. Ormsby> ;Pathology. 2002 Jan 1
- 9 citationsClinicopathologic study of retinoblastoma including MIB-1, p53, and CD99 immunohistochemistry.Christopher J. Schwimer, Richard A. Prayson> ;Annals of Diagnostic Pathology. 2001 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- Michigan MedicineAnn Arbor, Michigan
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: