Dr. King-Stephens is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeP.O Box 208018
Department of Neurology, Yale School of Medicine
New Haven, CT 06520Phone(203) 737-5865
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. David King-Stephens is a Clinical Professor at the Department of Neurology, Yale School of Medicine. He received his medical degree from Universidad La Salle School of Medicine and has been in practice 29 years. He also speaks multiple languages, including Spanish. He specializes in epilepsy and neurophysiology and is experienced in electroencephalography, video electroencephalography, clinical research, clinical neurophysiology, and operative surgical procedures.
Education & Training
- Yale-New Haven HospitalFellowship, Clinical Neurophysiology, 1993 - 1996
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia CampusResidency, Neurology, 1990 - 1993
- Bridgeport HospitalInternship, Internal Medicine, 1989 - 1990
- Universidad La Salle School of MedicineClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- CT State Medical License 2020 - 2028
- CA State Medical License 1998 - 2022
- PA State Medical License 1996 - 2000
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- RNS® System Pivotal-A Clinical Investigation Start of enrollment: 2005 Dec 01Zimmerman, R.S.,Fountain, N.B.,Salanova, V.,Skidmore, C.T.,Duchowny, M.S.,Park, Y.D.,Eisenschenk, S.,Rutecki, P.A.,Cole, A.J.,Edwards, J.C.,Leiphart, J.W.,Berg, M.J.,King-Stephens, D.,Jobst, B.C.,Heck, C....
Publications & Presentations
- Intracranial Recordings Demonstrate Both Cortical and Medial Temporal Lobe Engagement in Visual Search in Humans.S. J. Katarina Slama, Richard Jimenez, Sujayam Saha, David King-Stephens, Kenneth D. Laxer, Peter B. Weber, Tor Endestad, Jugoslav Ivanovic, Pål G. Larsson, Anne-Krist...> ;Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience. 2021 Aug 1
- 3 citationsForecasting seizure risk in adults with focal epilepsy: a development and validation study.Timothée Proix, Wilson Truccolo, Marc G Leguia, Thomas K. Tcheng, David King-Stephens, Vikram R. Rao, Maxime O. Baud> ;Lancet Neurology. 2021 Feb 1
- Burden of disease in patients with a history of status epilepticus and their caregivers.David King-Stephens, James W. Wheless, Calvin Krogh, Matthew Bettles, Jeff Niemira, Robert Stolper, Arturo Benitez, Martha Fournier, William Spalding, Mei Lu> ;Epilepsy & Behavior. 2020 Nov 1
- Join now to see all
- Responsive cortical stimulation for the treatment of medically intractable partial epilepsyMorrell MJ, King-Stephens D, et al., Neurology, 2011
- Gene Expression in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy Is Consistent With Increased Release of Glutamate By AstrocytesLee TS, Mane S, Eid T, Zhao H, Lin A, Guan Z, Kim JH, King-Stephens D, et al., Molecular Medicine, 2007
- Functional MRI lateralization of memory in temporal lobe epilepsyDetre JA, Maccotta L, King D, Alsop D, D”Esposito M, Zarahn E, Aguirre GK, Glosser G, French JA., Neurology, 1998
- Join now to see all
- Chair, Spanish Symposium at the American Epilepsy Society 2018 - 2019
- San Francisco Neurological SocietyMember
- Pacific Epilepsy Jobs ProgramMember, Advisory Board
- Epilepsy Foundation of Northern CaliforniaMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: