Dr. Ring is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1601 Trinity St Stop Z0200
Austin, TX 78712Phone(512) 495-3021
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Massachusetts General HospitalFellowship, Hand Surgery, 1999 - 2000
- Massachusetts General HospitalResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 1993 - 1999
- University of California San Diego School of MedicineClass of 1993
Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical License 2016 - 2023
- FL State Medical License 2016 - 2020
- MA State Medical License 1997 - 2017
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Surgery of the Hand
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- Does Vitamin C Reduce Finger Stiffness After Distal Radius Fractures? A Placebo Randomized Controlled Trial Start of enrollment: 2014 Aug 01Ring, D.
- Staged Bilateral Carpal Tunnel Release: Which Side Hurts More? Start of enrollment: 2014 Jul 01Ring, D.
- Residual Extensor Lag Approximately 1 Month After Splint or Cast Immobilization of a Mallet Finger Start of enrollment: 2014 Jun 01Ring, D.
- Video-based Consensus Opinion for Hand and Upper Extremity Problems Start of enrollment: 2014 May 01Ring, D.
- The Effect of Questionnaire Content on Measures of Pain Intensity, Magnitude of Disability, and Symptoms of Depression in Patients With Arm Illness Start of enrollment: 2014 May 01Ring, D.
- Multi-Center Trial to Evaluate an Internal Joint Stabilizer - Elbow Start of enrollment: 2013 Aug 01Koehler, S.M.,Ring, D.
- The Effect of Feedback Regarding Illness Behavior on Patient Satisfaction in Hand Surgery Start of enrollment: 2013 Jul 01Ring, D.
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Check-in Phone Calls Six Weeks and Six Months After Musculoskeletal Specialty Care:Amelia E. Mercado, Amanda I Gonzalez, David Ring, Karl M. Koenig, Tom J. Crijns> ;Journal of patient experience. 2021 Sep 20
- Understanding barriers and facilitators to implementation of psychosocial care within orthopedic trauma centers: a qualitative study with multidisciplinary stakeholder...Ana-Maria Vranceanu, Jafar Bakhshaie, Mira Reichman, James D. Doorley, Ryan A. Mace, Cale A. Jacobs, Mitchel B. Harris, Kristin R. Archer, David Ring, A. Rani Elwy> ;Implementation science communications. 2021 Sep 15
- Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Nylon and Chromic Gut Sutures After Minor Hand Surgery.Joost T.P. Kortlever, Sara A Vargas, Lee M. Reichel, David Ring, Gregg A. Vagner> ;Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume). 2021 Sep 8
- Join now to see all
- What's Happening: Oct. 24, 2014October 24th, 2014
- At Issue: Non-Emergency Orthopedic Surgery in Areas with Surges in COVID-19 CasesAugust 13th, 2020
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAustin, Texas
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: