Are you Dr. Hoover?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 44 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4712 N Armenia Ave
Tampa, FL 33603Phone(813) 874-7500Fax(813) 877-1397
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Dennis Hoover, MD is a board certified urologist in Tampa, Florida. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Florida. He is affiliated with St. Joseph's Hospital.
Education & Training
- Naval Medical Center (Portsmouth)Residency, Urology, 1974 - 1978
- Naval Medical Center (Portsmouth)Internship, Transitional Year, 1972 - 1973
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoClass of 1972
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1982 - 2024
- American Board of Urology Urology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 31 citationsUROLITHIASIS IN THE LOW BIRTH WEIGHT INFANT: THE ROLE AND EFFICACY OF EXTRACORPOREAL SHOCK WAVE LITHOTRIPSYAseem R. Shukla, Dennis L. Hoover, Yves Homsy, Sharon A. Perlman, Scott J. Schurman, E. Michael Reisman> ;The Journal of Urology. 2001 Jun 1
- 5 citationsInadequate Decompression of the Upper Tracts Using a Foley Catheter in the Valve BladderGerald H. Jordan, Dennis L. Hoover> ;The Journal of Urology. 1985 Jul 1
- 74 citationsPosterior urethral valves, unilateral reflux and renal dysplasia: a syndrome.Dennis L. Hoover, John W. Duckett> ;The Journal of Urology. 1982 Nov 1
- St. Joseph's HospitalTampa, Florida