Dr. Mclawhorn is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeSUNY Upstate Medical University
Syracuse, NY 13210Phone(315) 464-3105
- Is this information wrong?
- I am completing Psychiatry Residency in New York State. Currently, I am scheduled to begin Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship in July 2022.
My clinical interests are in general adult psychiatry, criminal involvement and malingering, psychodynamic theory, and Brain Modulation (ECT). My prior research focus has been in the area of Cultural Psychiatry, with a focus on China and Japan, which I have written about.
Education & Training
- SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityPsychiatry Residency, Adult Psychiatry, 2018 - 2022
- University of Illinois Urbana ChampaignPhD, East Asian Language and Culture, 2010 - 2019
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at ChicagoClass of 2018
- University Of South FloridaMA, Sociology, 2006 - 2008
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2020 - 2024
Publications & Presentations
- Bipolar Disorder, Religion, and Spirituality: A Scoping ReviewDaniel Jackson, Donald McLawhorn, Journal of Religion and Health, 2022
- Are All Psychotic-Like Experiences Really "Psychotic"?Donald McLawhorn, Daniel Jackson, American Journal of Psychiatry, 12/2020
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: