Are you Dr. Simmons?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 43 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office924 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213Phone+1 205-591-7999Fax+1 205-591-5051
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Donald Simmons, MD is a board certified pathologist in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama and Virginia. He is affiliated with St. Vincent's Birmingham, Brookwood Baptist Medical Center, and St. Vincent's East.
Education & Training
- University of Virginia Medical CenterResidency, Pathology-Anatomic and Clinical, 1988 - 1992
- Brookwood Baptist HealthInternship, Transitional Year, 1987 - 1988
- University of Alabama School of MedicineClass of 1987
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1988 - 2024
- AL State Medical License 1992 - 2023
- American Board of Pathology Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
Publications & Presentations
- 26 citationsQuantitative levels of C-reactive protein in cerebrospinal fluid in patients with bacterial meningitis and other conditionsBarry M. Gray, Donald R. Simmons, Henry F Mason, Scott R. Barnum, John E. Volanakis> ;The Journal of Pediatrics. 1986 May 1
- Brookwood Baptist Medical CenterBirmingham, Alabama
- Cullman Regional Medical CenterCullman, Alabama
- DCH Regional Medical CenterTuscaloosa, Alabama
- St. Vincent's EastBirmingham, Alabama
- St. Vincent's BirminghamBirmingham, Alabama
- Jackson Medical CenterJackson, Alabama