Dr. Ellison is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office410 W 10th Ave
N711 Doan Hall
Columbus, OH 43210Phone(614) 293-9722Fax(614) 293-3654
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. E. Ellison is a general surgeon in Columbus, OH and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute. He received his medical degree from Medical College of Wisconsin and has been in practice 41 years. He is experienced in endocrine surgery, surgical oncology (non-breast), pancreatic surgery, general / gastrointestinal surgery, and hepatopancreatobiliary surgery.
Education & Training
- Ohio State University HospitalResidency, Surgery, 1976 - 1984
- Medical College of WisconsinClass of 1976
Certifications & Licensure
- OH State Medical License 1977 - 2023
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2002-2014
- America's Top Doctors for Cancer Castle Connolly, 2005-2013
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsPassing the Scalpel: Lessons on retirement planning from retired academic surgeons.Roi Anteby, Robert D Sinyard 3rd, Michael G Healy, Andrew L Warshaw, Richard Hodin, E Christopher Ellison, Roy Phitayakorn> ;American journal of surgery. 2022 Jul 1
- 1 citationsUnderstanding and Optimizing Physician Engagement.Bhagwan Satiani, David P. Way, E. Christopher Ellison> ;Journal of The American College of Surgeons. 2021 Oct 18
- 3 citationsA contemporary reassessment of the US surgical workforce through 2050 predicts continued shortages and increased productivity demands.Wendelyn M. Oslock, Bhagwan Satiani, David P. Way, Robert Tamer, Julie A. Maurer, Joshua D. Hawley, Kyle L. Sharp, Thomas E. Williams, Timothy M. Pawlik, E. Christophe...> ;American Journal of Surgery. 2021 Jul 24
- Join now to see all
- The Cost of Failure: Assessing the Cost-Effectiveness of Rescuing Patients from Major Complications After Liver Resection Using the National Inpatient SampleJordan M Cloyd, Mary E Dillhoff, E Christopher Ellison, Carl Schmidt, Timothy M Pawlik, Journal of gastrointestinal surgery
- Ohio State University Wexner Medical CenterColumbus, Ohio
- James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research InstituteColumbus, Ohio
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: