Dr. Benoit is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeLahey Hospital & Medical Center
41 Mall Road
Burlington, MA 01805Phone(781) 744-8580Fax(781) 744-5636
- Is this information wrong?
- Eric Benoit, MD is a surgeon specializing in trauma, acute care surgery and surgical critical care. He is board certified in both general surgery and surgical critical care.
He received his BA in History and Science from Harvard College. After several years working in a molecular biology lab at Massachusetts General Hospital he attended medical school at The Ohio State University. He began his general surgery residency at Brigham & Women’s Hospital, including two clinical years and a two year research fellowship in a surgical oncology lab. He continued his surgical training at Tufts Medical Center and then completed a fellowship in surgical critical care at Rhode Island Hospital & Brown University School of Medicine. He remained at Brown for four years as an assistant professor of surgery where he was active in teaching residents, fellows and students.
Prior to completing his surgical training, he worked as an independent biomedical consultant for biotechnology and medical device companies. He has helped design clinical trials, and through this work he developed an interest in how factors such as endpoint selection, change in event rates, and determination of treatment effect influence the success or failure of a trial. His experience includes writing numerous trial protocols as well as negotiating with regulatory bodies such as the US Food & Drug Administration. He has numerous peer-reviewed publications and has spoken at national and international conferences on the subject.
He is currently a surgeon in the division of trauma and acute care surgery at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center where his responsibilities also include coverage of the surgical intensive care unit. His clinical interests include damage control surgery; crush injury & rhabdomyolysis; and shock & resuscitation. His current research interests include clinical trial design within surgery & critical care and normal accident theory as applied to healthcare.
Education & Training
- Tufts Medical CenterResidency, Surgery, 2012 - 2015
- Brigham and Womens HospitalResidency, Surgery, 2001 - 2005
- Ohio State University College of MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- RI State Medical License 2015 - 2022
- MA State Medical License 2004 - 2022
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Surgery Surgical Critical Care
Publications & Presentations
- Optimizing surgical stabilization of rib fractures using intraoperative ultrasound localization.Thomas Martin, Jessica L. Cao, Eric Benoit, Tareq Kheirbek> ;Journal of Trauma-injury Infection and Critical Care. 2021 Aug 1
- Geriatric Trauma.Benoit E, Stephen AH, Monaghan SF, Lueckel SN, Adams CA> ;Rhode Island medical journal (2013). 2019-10-01
- 1 citationsAdvances in the Management of Bleeding Trauma Patients.Tareq Kheirbek, Sean F. Monaghan, Eric Benoit, Stephanie N. Lueckel, Charles A. Adams> ;Rhode Island medical journal. 2019 Oct 1
- Join now to see all
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonBurlington, Massachusetts
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: