Dr. Nance is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office333 East 56th Street
Street Office 1
New York, NY 10022Phone+1 212-920-4106Fax+1 212-920-4704
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Erin M. Nance is a Hand and Upper Extremity Orthopaedic Surgeon. Dr. Nance attended the University of Virginia where she received the prestigious Jefferson Scholarship and graduated with High Distinction. She obtained her medical degree from Brown University. She completed her Orthopaedic Surgery residency training at Lenox Hill Hospital (New York, NY), Boston Children’s Hospital (Boston, MA) and Maryland Shock Trauma Hospital (Baltimore, MD). Dr. Nance completed a Hand Surgery fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery (New York, NY). She continues to teach residents and medical students at Lenox Hill Hospital.
Dr. Nance has published numerous peer reviewed scientific articles on topics including yoga and pilates wrist injuries, wrist-saving ligament reconstruction procedures, hand tumors, hand arthritis and wrist fractures. She has lectured and presented research at national and international conferences. Her clinical interests include sports injuries of the hand and upper extremity, upper extremity trauma, hand and wrist arthritis, upper extremity nerve disorders including carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndromes, and women’s elite level sports injuries. Dr. Nance strives to deliver individualized, thorough and thoughtful care to each patient and to provide the most up-to-date and scientifically proven medical and surgical treatments.
Dr. Nance is a former high level athlete earning All-New York City honors in Soccer and Swimming. She is a life-long New Yorker, where she lives with her husband and daughter, and frequently mentors high school students in the New York City area.
Education & Training
- Hospital for Special Surgery/Cornell Medical CenterFellowship, Hand Surgery (Orthopaedic Surgery), 2014 - 2015
- Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Lenox Hill HospitalResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2009 - 2014
- The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown UniversityClass of 2009
- University of VirginiaB.A., Human Biology Distinguished Majors Program, With High Distinction, 2001 - 2005
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2014 - 2025
- MA State Medical License 2011 - 2012
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Surgery of the Hand
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Best Resident Paper 2014
- Annual Meeting Scholarship ASSH, 2013
- Children’s Hand and Arm Research Scholarship 2006
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsConcurrent Surgical Management of Advanced Osteoarthritis of the Knee and Proximal Tibiofibular Joint With Compressive Peroneal Neuropathy: 3-Year Follow-Up On a Compl...Carl L. Herndon, Taiwo Alonge, Erin McDermott Nance, H. John Cooper> ;Arthroplasty Today. 2020 Dec 1
- 5 citationsDorsal Wrist Pain in the Extended Wrist-Loading Position: An MRI StudyErin M. Nance, David J. Byun, Yoshimi Endo, Scott W. Wolfe, Steve K. Lee> ;Journal of Wrist Surgery. 2017 Mar 8
- 8 citationsGlomus tumors.Erin M McDermott, Arnold-Peter C Weiss> ;The Journal of Hand Surgery. 2006 Oct 1
- Impact of Video Review on Surgical Procedure Determination for Patients with Hemiplegic Cerebral PalsyMichelle Carlson, Jennifer Lewin, Laura Spincola, Erin McDermott, The Journal of Hand Surgery, 1/1/2009
- Four Corner Arthrodesis using a Circular Plate and Distal Radius Bone Grafting: A Consecutive Case SeriesGreg Merrell, Erin McDermott, Arnold-Peter Weiss, The Journal of Hand Surgery, 1/1/2008
- Glomus TumorsErin McDermott and Arnold-Peter C.Weiss, The Journal of Hand Surgery, 1/1/2006
- Dorsal Wrist Pain in the Extended Loading Wrist PositionErin Nance, David Byun, Yoshimi Endo, Steve K Lee, New York Society for Surgery of the Hand, New York, NY, 1/1/2015
- Dorsal Wrist Pain in the Extended Loading Wrist PositionNance E, American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Seattle, WA, 1/1/2015
- Radiographic Evaluation of the Scapholunate Intercarpal Reconstruction with ECRL Autograft, a Novel Technique for Scapholunate StabilizationNance E, American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Maui, HI, 1/1/2015
- Join now to see all
- 40 Incredible Ways Your Body Changes After 40July 31st, 2020
- 15 Things You Didn't Know Had a Shelf LifeMay 29th, 2020
- 13 Surprising Things That Can Affect Your Immune SystemMarch 30th, 2020
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: