Are you Dr. Samimi?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 56 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1 Guthrie Sq
Sayre, PA 18840Phone(570) 882-6724Fax(570) 882-6728
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Farokh Samimi, MD is a general surgeon in Sayre, Pennsylvania. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. He is affiliated with Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital.
Education & Training
- Graduate Hospital PhiladelphiaResidency, Surgery, 1979 - 1983
- Yale-New Haven HospitalResidency, Surgery, 1977 - 1979
- Shiraz University of Medical SciencesClass of 1975
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2016 - 2021
- NJ State Medical License 1994 - 2003
- CA State Medical License 1982 - Present
- CT State Medical License 1979 - 1979
- PA State Medical License 1979 - 2022
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 41 citationsRole of Splenectomy in Human Liver Transplantation Under Modern-Day ImmunosuppressionFarokh Samimi, William Irish, Bijan Eghtesad, Anthony J. Demetris, Thomas E. Starzl, John J. Fung> ;Digestive Diseases and Sciences. 1998 Sep 1
- Transplantation in the military: state of the art--a progress report from the Army-Navy Transplant Program.Carlos Fernandez-Bueno, Timothy R. Shaver, James R. Baker, Farokh Samimi, Bruce Reinmuth, Thomas G. Peters> ;Military Medicine. 1990 Sep 1
- Early outcome of liver transplantation in patients with a history of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis.Ukah, F. O., Merhav, H., Kramer, D., Eghtesad, B., Samimi, F., Frezza, E., Linden, P., Mieles, L., Selby, R.> ;Transplant Proc. 1993 Feb
- Guthrie Robert Packer HospitalSayre, Pennsylvania