Are you Dr. Essien?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 77 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office36320 Inland Valley Dr
Wildomar, CA 92595Phone(951) 698-3000Fax(951) 698-7700
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Francis Essien, MD is a general surgeon in Wildomar, California. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in California. He is affiliated with Southwest Healthcare System, Inland Valley Campus, Southwest Healthcare System, and Loma Linda University Medical Center-Murrieta.
Education & Training
- Charles R Drew University of Medicine and ScienceResidency, General Surgery, 1994 - 2001
- University of Southern California - LAC+USC Medical CenterResidency, General Surgery, 1994 - 1996
- University of IbadanClass of 1989
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 1996 - 2023
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification NextGen Ambulatory EHR, NextGen Healthcare, 2012-2013
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 28 citationsLaparoscopic ventral hernia repair during the learning curve.Jihad R. Salameh, John F. Sweeney, Edward A. Graviss, Francis A. Essien, Michael D. Williams, Samir S. Awad, Kamal M.F. Itani, William E. Fisher> ;Hernia. 2002 Dec 1
- 13 citationsRectal duplication cyst in an adult: the laparoscopic approach.Jihad R. Salameh, Konstantinos I. Votanopoulos, Raouf E. Hilal, Francis A. Essien, Michael D. Williams, Alberto O. Barroso, John F. Sweeney, F. Charles Brunicardi> ;Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques. 2002 Dec 1