Dr. Myers is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2540 S Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34239Phone+1 941-365-6611Fax+1 941-364-3355
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Gene Myers is a cardiologist in Sarasota, FL and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, DeSoto Memorial Hospital, and Doctors Hospital of Sarasota. He received his medical degree from Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and has been in practice 48 years. He specializes in interventional cardiology, nuclear cardiology, non-invasive cardiology, and cardiovascular disease genetics and is experienced in valvular heart disease, cardiac catheterization, nuclear cardiology, cardiac critical care, and minimally invasive cardiac surgery.
Education & Training
- MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital CenterFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1974 - 1975
- MedStar Health/Georgetown University HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 1973 - 1974
- Duke University HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 1970 - 1973
- UPMC Medical EducationInternship, Internal Medicine, 1969 - 1970
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of PennsylvaniaClass of 1969
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1977 - 2025
- PA State Medical License 1970 - 2014
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsLatex versus iodinated contrast media anaphylaxis in the cardiac cath lab.G E Myers, W F Crick, S W King, M Mumma, H D Friedberg, D M Jamieson, F Bloom> ;Catheterization and Cardiovascular Diagnosis. 1995 Jul 1
- 23 citationsCimetidine (Tagamet) combined with steroids and H1 antihistamines for the prevention of serious radiographic contrast material reactions.Gene E. Myers, Frederick L. Bloom> ;Catheterization and Cardiovascular Diagnosis. 1981 Jan 1
- 66 citationsAortic valve atresia: a new classification based on necropsy study of 73 cases.William C. Roberts, Lowell W. Perry, Roma S. Chandra, Gene E. Myers, Stephen R. Shapiro, Lewis P. Scott> ;American Journal of Cardiology. 1976 Apr 1
- NSU Researcher Part of a Flagship Study on Vertebrate GenomesApril 29th, 2021
- The Vertebrate Genomes Project: A New Era of Genome SequencingApril 28th, 2021
- Ten Computer Codes That Transformed ScienceJanuary 20th, 2021
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: