Dr. Pelz is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office20 Prospect Ave, Suite 701
Hackensack, NJ 07601Phone+1 551-996-5960
- Is this information wrong?
- I am board certified in Thoracic and General surgery and have practiced as a thoracic surgeon at Hackensack University Medical Center since 2013. I treat benign and malignant disorders of the lungs, esophagus, and mediastinum with a focus on minimally invasive techniques including robotic surgery using the DaVinci surgical robot, VATS, endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS), and navigational bronchoscopy using the ION robotic bronchoscopy system. I was the first physician to perform an ION case in the state of New Jersey and am committed to utilizing newer technologies in order to perform more lung sparing surgeries and help patients spend less time in the hospital and recover more quickly.
Education & Training
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount SinaiFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 2012 - 2013
- Allegheny Health Network Medical Education Consortium (AGH)Fellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 2009 - 2011
- Allegheny Health Network Medical Education Consortium (AGH)Residency, Surgery, 2004 - 2009
- Saint Louis University School of MedicineClass of 2004
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2013 - 2025
- PA State Medical License 2007 - 2024
- NY State Medical License 2012 - 2024
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- 9 citationsLaparoscopically assisted peritoneal shunt insertion for hydrocephalus.Raymond F. Sekula, Edward M. Marchan, Michael Y. Oh, D. Kyle Kim, Andrew M. Frederickson, Geoffrey Pelz, Miro Uchal> ;British Journal of Neurosurgery. 2009 Sep 15
- 34 citationsPhenotypic characterization of mice bred for high and low peak bone mass.Robert F. Klein, Marie Shea, Michele E. Gunness, Geoffrey B. Pelz, John K. Belknap, Eric S. Orwoll> ;Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 2001 Jan 1
- 21 citationsAccuracy of peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT) for assessing area and density of mouse cortical boneMichael D. Brodt, G. B. Pelz, J. Taniguchi, Matthew J. Silva> ;Calcified Tissue International. 2003 Oct 1
- Join now to see all
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)Member
- Hackensack Meridian Health Hackensack University Medical CenterHackensack, New Jersey
- Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical CenterMontclair, New Jersey
- Hackensack Meridian Health Palisades Medical CenterNorth Bergen, New Jersey
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: