Are you Dr. Smith?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 42 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office211 Saint Francis Dr
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703Phone(573) 331-3000
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Gilbert Smith, MD is a geriatrician in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Missouri, Alabama, and Illinois. He is affiliated with Saint Francis Medical Center, Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center, and Black River Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Southern Illinois UniversityResidency, Family Medicine, 1978 - 1981
- University of Missouri - Community Health MedicineClass of 1978
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1988 - 1997
- MO State Medical License 1981 - 2022
- IL State Medical License 1980 - 1987
- American Board of Family Medicine Family Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2011
Publications & Presentations
- Evolutionary and structural analyses uncover a role for solvent interactions in the diversification of cocoonases in butterflies.Smith, G.,Kelly, J. E.,Macias-Muñoz, A.,Butts, C. T.,Martin, R. W.,Briscoe, A. D.> ;Proc. Biol. Sci.. 2018 Jan 05