Dr. Sonpal is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office33 Allison Road,
Alpine, NJ 07620
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Girish Sonpal is a rheumatologist in Bayside, NY and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including New York-Presbyterian Queens and NYU Langone Hospitals. He received his medical degree from Grant Medical College and has been in practice 48 years. He specializes in lupus & related.
Education & Training
- Worcester City HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 1974 - 1975
- Catholic Medical Centers of Brooklyn and QueensResidency, Internal Medicine, 1971 - 1974
- Catholic Medical Centers of Brooklyn and QueensInternship, Transitional Year, 1970 - 1971
- Grant Medical CollegeClass of 1969
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 1977 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 1974 - 2020
- ME State Medical License Active through 1978
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Rheumatology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area Castle Connolly, 2002-2014
- Fellow (FACR) American College of Rheumatology
Publications & Presentations
- 60 citationsJuvenile rheumatoid arthritis: a general review and report of 100 patients observed for 15 years.John J. Calabro, William B. Holgerson, Girish M. Sonpal, Majda I. Khoury> ;Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism. 1976 Feb 1
- Acute abdomen in systemic lupus erythematosus with spontaneous hemoperitoneum.Sonpal, G. M., Abramovici, B.> ;J Rheumatol. 1987 Jun
- Primary antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, renal infarction and hypertension.Sonpal, G. M., Sharma, A., Miller, A.> ;J Rheumatol. 1993 Jul
- Staphylococcus epidermidis septic arthritis following arthroscopic surgeryKnez, T, Asnis, D, Sonpal, G, Infectitious Disease in Clinical Practice, 4/1999
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: Pitfalls in Early Diagnosis and ManagementSonpal, G.M., Calabro, John J., Wagner, Robert E., Kidd, Lawrence G.,, Clinical Medicine, 11/1974
- New York-Presbyterian QueensFlushing, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: