Dr. Shukla is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office20 Prospect Avenue
Hackensack, NJ 07601Phone+1 201-820-4837Fax+1 201-820-4839
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Gunjan Shukla is a Cardiac Electrophysiologist in Hackensack, NJ and Suffern, NY. He is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Hackensack University Medical Center, NJ, Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Suffern, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital etc.
Dr Shukla did his Cardiac Electrophysiology fellowship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston under Late Dr. Mark Josephson who is considered as a pioneer of cardiac electrophysiology. He finished his training in Cardiovascular diseases at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, TUFTS University, Boston. He received his medical degree from B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad and he has been in practice 21 years.
Dr. Shukla is a Director of Interventional Electrophysiology program at Good Samaritan Hospital, Suffern, NY. He specializes in complex Cardiac electrophysiology procedures including Atrial fibrillation Ablations, VT ablations, Watchman devices, ICD/PM implantations and lead extractions. He is also a national proctor for Watchman device insertions. He is extensively involved in clinical electrophysiology research and in teaching medical students, residents and fellows.
Education & Training
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical SchoolFellowship, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, 2005 - 2006
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 2002 - 2005
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1998 - 2001
- B. J. Medical College AhmedabadClass of 1996
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2006 - 2024
- NJ State Medical License 2006 - 2023
- MA State Medical License 2001 - 2008
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Inside Jersey Magazine Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2014
Publications & Presentations
- 6 citationsInadvertent atrial dissociation following catheter ablation: A demonstration of cardiac anisotropy and functional block.Shashank Jain, Sajid Mirza, Gunjan Shukla> ;Heartrhythm Case Reports. 2019 Apr 1
- 1 citationsLong-term clinical outcomes of magnetically navigated rotor ablation as an adjunct to conventional pulmonary vein isolation.Gunjan Shukla, John Zimmerman, Zoya Shir, Roshan Shah, Edmund Hasanaj> ;Europace. 2018 May 1
- 5 citationsBaseline myocardial perfusion predicts response to cardiac resynchronization therapy: a prospective observational studyMichael V. Orlov, Michael Maysky, Spyridon T. Akrivakis, Michael R. Ujhelyi, Peter Hoffmeister, Gunjan Shukla, Susan Mcallister, Gregory Kotler, Ibrahim Almasry, G. Mu...> ;Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology. 2008 Aug 7
- Join now to see all
- Dr. Gunjan Shukla – Hackensack University Medical CenterNovember 29th, 2017
- Heart Rhythm SocietyFellow
- Hackensack Meridian Health Hackensack University Medical CenterHackensack, New Jersey
- St. Anthony Community HospitalWarwick, New York
- Montefiore Nyack HospitalNyack, New York
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical CenterSuffern, New York
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley Medical CenterWestwood, New Jersey
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: