Overview of Dr. Nagar
Dr. Himanshu Nagar is a board certified radiation oncologist who specializes in caring for patients with genitourinary malignancies.
Dr. Nagar received his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University, his medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and completed his residency at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine where he served as the Chief Resident in his final year. Dr. Nagar is the recipient of numerous honors, including the Physician of the Year Award from NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital along with multiple research grants, scholarships and awards.
Dr. Nagar is actively involved in both translational and clinical research at Weill Cornell Medicine. Dr. Nagar is focused on better defining and tailoring the role of radiation therapy for various malignancies.
Education & Training
New York Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell CampusCHIEF_RESIDENCY
New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell CampusRESIDENCY
New York Presbyterian HospitalINTERNSHIP
University of Texas Medical SchoolMEDICAL_SCHOOL
Johns Hopkins UniversityOTHER_TRAINING
Certifications & Licensure
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Excellence in Research Award New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College, 2012
- Physician of the Year New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College, 2013
- Educational Grant American Brachytherapy Society, 2014
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
Doubling of Radical Surgery Rates for High-Risk Prostate Cancer ReportedSeptember 10, 2020 10:33
ASTRO to Feature ViewRay's MRIdianSeptember 10, 2019 22:17
- Research FellowMD Anderson Cancer Center - Department of Radiation Oncology2007 - 2010
- Research FellowBaylor College of Medicine - Department of Cardiology2002 - 2006
- Research FellowJohns Hopkins Hospital - Department of Immunology1997 - 1998
- Research FellowJohns Hopkins Hospital - Department of Neonatology1996 - 1997