Dr. Hornstra is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office660 S Euclid Avenue
Campus box 8123
Saint Louis, MO 63110Fax+1 314-362-8159
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Ian Hornstra is a dermatologist in Saint Louis, MO and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Veterans Affairs St. Louis Health Care System, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, and St. Louis Children's Hospital. He received his medical degree from University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine and has been in practice 31 years. He is experienced in general dermatology, dermatitis, and acne and rosacea.
Education & Training
- Washington University/B-JH/SLCH ConsortiumResidency, Dermatology, 1993 - 1996
- University of FloridaPh.D., Biochemistry, 1988 - 1993
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1987 - 1988
- Washington University/B-JH/SLCH ConsortiumInternship, Transitional Year, 1986 - 1987
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of MedicineClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1988 - 1998
- MO State Medical License 1987 - 2024
- American Board of Dermatology Dermatology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAAD) American Academy of Dermatology
Publications & Presentations
- 15 citationsSex-Linked Skeletal Phenotype of Lysyl Oxidase Like-1 Mutant Mice.Loai Alsofi, Eileen J. Daley, Ian Hornstra, Elise F. Morgan, Zachary D. Mason, Jesus F. Acevedo, R. Ann Word, Louis C. Gerstenfeld, Philip C. Trackman> ;Calcified Tissue International. 2016 Feb 1
- 5 citationsMycobacterium ulcerans infection imported from Australia to Missouri, USA, 2012.Benjamin Stuart Thomas, Thomas C. Bailey, Julu Bhatnagar, Jana M. Ritter, Brian D. Emery, Omar W. Jassim, Ian Hornstra, Sarah L. George> ;Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2014 Nov 1
- 2 citationsPainful Necrotic Nodules in an Immunocompromised PatientWei Wei Huang, Cheryl Gray, Regina Bowers, Nathan Walk, Anne C. Lind, Ian Hornstra> ;Archives of Dermatology. 2010 Apr 1
- Join now to see all
- Lysyl Oxidases In Matrix Development And MaintenanceNational Institute Of Arthritis And Musculoskeletal And Skin Diseases1998–2002
- Biological Role Of Lysyl Oxidase-2 In Matrix DevelopmentNational Institute Of Arthritis And Musculoskeletal And Skin Diseases1997–1999
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: