Are you Dr. Brandes?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 45 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office7793 West Appleton Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53222Phone(414) 393-9810Fax(414) 393-9817
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Brandes, MD is a nephrologist in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Wisconsin. He is affiliated with Ascension Southeast Wisconsin Hospital - St. Joseph's Campus, Clement J. Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Aurora Sinai Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Medical College of WisconsinFellowship, Nephrology, 1988 - 1990
- Medical College of WisconsinResidency, Internal Medicine, 1985 - 1988
- Medical College of WisconsinClass of 1985
Certifications & Licensure
- WI State Medical License 1986 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Nephrology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
- Top MD Consumers Checkbook
Publications & Presentations
- 41 citationsHepatitis C is a poor prognostic indicator in black kidney transplant recipients.Claire Fritsche, James C. Brandes, Stephen R. Delaney, Susan Gallagher-Lepak, Jay E. Menitove, Lisa Rich, Cornelius Scannell, Priscilla A. Swanson, Helen H. Lee> ;Transplantation. 1993 Jun 1
- 51 citationsClinical outcome of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis predicted by urea and creatinine kinetics.James C. Brandes, Walter F. Piering, Joseph A. Beres, Samuel S. Blumenthal, Claire Fritsche> ;Journal of The American Society of Nephrology. 1992 Mar 1
- 10 citationsImmunoglobulin A (IgA) immune complex pneumonitis in a patient with IgA nephropathy.Russell W. Harland, Carl G. Becker, James C. Brandes, Claire Fritsche, David Y. Rosenzweig> ;Annals of Internal Medicine. 1992 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
- Midwest Nephrology Associates Exec to Lead Carroll’s PA ProgramDecember 13th, 2017
- Ascension All SaintsRacine, Wisconsin
- Aurora Lakeland Medical CenterElkhorn, Wisconsin
- Aurora Sinai Medical CenterMilwaukee, Wisconsin
- Aurora St. Luke's Medical CenterMilwaukee, Wisconsin
- Froedtert West Bend HospitalWest Bend, Wisconsin
- Clement J. Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical CenterMilwaukee, Wisconsin
- Ascension Southeast Wisconsin Hospital - St. Francis CampusMilwaukee, Wisconsin
- Ascension Southeast Wisconsin Hospital - St. Joseph's CampusMilwaukee, Wisconsin
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterMilwaukee, Wisconsin
- Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical CenterSheboygan, Wisconsin