Are you Dr. Gutai?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 50 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3901 Beaubien St
Detroit, MI 48201Phone+1 313-745-5437
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Gutai, MD is a pediatric endocrinologist in Detroit, Michigan. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Michigan and North Carolina. He is a Professor of Pediatrics at Wayne State Univ.
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResidency, Pediatrics, 1973 - 1976
- University of Michigan Health SystemInternship, Transitional Year, 1970 - 1971
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple UniversityClass of 1970
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 1987 - 2018
- NC State Medical License 1981 - 2013
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatric Endocrinology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2002-2014
Publications & Presentations
- 37 citationsPredicting metabolic control in the first 5 yr after diagnosis for youths with type 1 diabetes: the role of ethnicity and family structure.Maureen A. Frey, Thomas Templin, Deborah A. Ellis, James P. Gutai, Cheryl Lynn Podolski> ;Pediatric Diabetes. 2007 Aug 1
- 8 citationsPrevalence of hyperinsulinemia and clinical correlates in overweight children referred for lifestyle intervention.Catherine Sposito Sullivan, Janalynn Beste, Doyle M. Cummings, Virginia H. Hester, Tate Holbrook, Kathryn M. Kolasa, Susan L. Morrissey, John Olsson, James P. Gutai> ;Journal of The American Dietetic Association. 2004 Mar 1
- 11 citationsReproductive history in relation to plasma hormone levels in healthy post-menopausal women.Roberta B. Ness, Alhaji M. Buhari, James P. Gutai, Lewis H. Kuller> ;Maturitas. 2000 May 29
- Join now to see all