Are you Dr. Hempel?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 20 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeBldg 9040 Fitzsimmons Drive
Tacoma, WA 98431Phone(253) 968-1875
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Hempel, MD is a board certified pathologist in Tacoma, Washington. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Indiana. He is affiliated with Madigan Army Medical Center.
Education & Training
- F Edward Hebert School of Medicine - USUHSClass of 1999
Certifications & Licensure
- IN State Medical License 2000 - 2023
- American Board of Pathology Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
Publications & Presentations
- 8 citationsHydrogen sulfide improves resuscitation via non-hibernatory mechanisms in a porcine shock model.Steven Satterly, Shashikumar Salgar, Zachary S. Hoffer, James Hempel, Mary J. Dehart, Mark A. Wingerd, Huang Raywin, Jonathan D. Stallings, Matthew J. Martin> ;Journal of Surgical Research. 2015 Nov 1
- 4 citationsFlutamide fails to reduce resuscitation requirements in a porcine ischemia-reperfusion modelSteven Satterly, Matthew J. Martin, Mark A. Wingerd, James Hempel, Zach Hoffer, Jonathan D. Stallings> ;Journal of Surgical Research. 2013 Sep 1
- 17 citationsBeneficial effects of histone deacetylase inhibition with severe hemorrhage and ischemia-reperfusion injury.Marlin Wayne Causey, Seth Miller, Zachary S. Hoffer, James Hempel, Jonathan D. Stallings, Guang Jin, Hasan B. Alam, Matthew J. Martin> ;Journal of Surgical Research. 2013 Sep 1
- Madigan Army Medical CenterTacoma, Washington