Are you Dr. Lapis?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 64 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office135 W Ravine Rd
Kingsport, TN 37660Phone+1 423-246-6777Fax+1 423-246-7766
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Lapis, MD is a gastroenterologist in Kingsport, Tennessee. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina. He is affiliated with Select Specialty Hospital-Tri Cities and Bristol Regional Medical Center.
Education & Training
- University of North Carolina HospitalsFellowship, Gastroenterology, 1976 - 1977
- University of North Carolina HospitalsResidency, Internal Medicine, 1973 - 1976
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical SchoolClass of 1973
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 1984 - 2022
- TN State Medical License 1978 - 2022
- NC State Medical License 1975 - 1980
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology
Publications & Presentations
- 11 citationsA current approach to acute upper gastrointestinal bleedingH. Bennett Kinard, Don W. Powell, Robert S. Sandler, W. Tom Callahan, James L. Lapis, Sidney L. Levinson, Jeffrey D. Jones, Douglas A. Drossman, Alto L. Jackson> ;Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 1981 Sep 1
- 14 citationsA current approach to rectal bleeding.Sidney L. Levinson, Don W. Powell, W. Tom Callahan, Jeffrey D. Jones, H. Bennett Kinard, Alto L. Jackson, James L. Lapis, Douglas A. Drossman> ;Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 1981 Jan 1
- 25 citationsUltrasonography in the Diagnosis of Obstructive JaundiceJames L. Lapis, Roy C. Orlando, Carol A. Mittelstaedt, Edward V. Staab> ;Annals of Internal Medicine. 1978 Jul 1
- Join now to see all