Dr. Madura is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5777 E Mayo Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85054Phone+1 480-342-2000Fax+1 480-342-2525
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Madura is a general surgeon in Scottsdale, AZ and is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital- Phoenix. He received his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine and has been in practice 26 years. He specializes in bariatric surgery, pancreas, and minimally invasive surgery and is experienced in minimally invasive surgery, bariatric surgery, pancreatic surgery, general / gastrointestinal surgery, and hepatopancreatobiliary surgery.
Education & Training
- Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical CenterResidency, Surgery, 1991 - 1998
- Indiana University School of MedicineClass of 1991
Certifications & Licensure
- AZ State Medical License 2009 - 2024
- AZ State Medical License 2008 - 2024
- IL State Medical License 1998 - 2011
- OH State Medical License 1993 - 2000
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsIs There an Upper Age Limit for Bariatric Surgery? Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Outcomes in SeptuagenariansJacob B. Hammond, Christopher Webb, Venkata Siva Krishna Kumar Pulivarthi, David G. Pearson, Kristi L. Harold, James A. Madura> ;Obesity Surgery. 2020 Jul 1
- Modified retrorectus ventral hernia repair.Pearson, D. G.,Madura, J. A.> ;Am. J. Surg.. 2016 Jan 23
- Use of diagnostic laparoscopy in a patient with gastric pneumatosis and portal venous gas.Shah, N. R.,Dossick, D. S.,Madura, J. A.,Heppell, J. P.> ;Case Rep Gastroenterol. 2013 May
- Join now to see all
- Mayo Clinic HospitalPhoenix, Arizona
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: