Are you Dr. Mitchell?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 39 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office700 1st Ave S
Fargo, ND 58103Phone+1 701-234-4111Fax+1 701-234-4130
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Mitchell, MD is a board certified psychiatrist in Fargo, North Dakota. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in North Dakota and Minnesota. He is affiliated with Sanford Medical Center Fargo and is a Professor of Psychiatry at University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Education & Training
- University of MinnesotaResidency, Psychiatry, 1973 - 1976
- Indiana University School of MedicineInternship, Internal Medicine, 1972 - 1973
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern UniversityClass of 1972
Certifications & Licensure
- ND State Medical License 1996 - 2016
- MN State Medical License 1973 - 2016
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
- Venlafaxine PK Following Bariatric Surgery Start of enrollment: 2013 Dec 01
- A Comparison of Sustained and Extended Release Bupropion Following Bariatric Surgery Start of enrollment: 2014 Jun 01
Publications & Presentations
- 33 citationsPhysical, cognitive, and mental health impacts of COVID-19 after hospitalisation (PHOSP-COVID): a UK multicentre, prospective cohort study.Rachael A. Evans, Hamish McAuley, Ewen M Harrison, Aarti Shikotra, Amisha Singapuri, Marco Sereno, Omer Elneima, Annemarie B Docherty, Nazir I Lone, Olivia C. Leavy, L...> ;The Lancet Respiratory Medicine. 2021 Oct 7
- Pain is adversely related to weight loss maintenance following bariatric surgery.Gail A. Kerver, Dale S. Bond, Ross D. Crosby, Li Cao, Scott G. Engel, James E. Mitchell, Kristine J. Steffen> ;Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. 2021 Sep 3
- The rewarding effects of alcohol after bariatric surgery: do they change and are they associated with pharmacokinetic changes?Scott G. Engel, Lauren M. Schaefer, Gail A. Kerver, Lynnette M. Leone, Greg T. Smith, James E. Mitchell, John Gunstad, Ross D. Crosby, Kristine J. Steffen> ;Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. 2021 Sep 3
- Join now to see all
- New York Times Reports on Deposition of Bruce Jessen, Former Idahoan and Co-Architect of CIA Torture ProgramJune 21st, 2017
- ADHD Drug Shows Potential to Treat Binge Eating DisorderJanuary 14th, 2015
- The CIA’s Program of Human ExperimentationJuly 24th, 2017
- Join now to see all
- Sanford Medical Center FargoFargo, North Dakota