Are you Dr. Stands?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 28 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2728 Sunset Blvd
West Columbia, SC 29169Phone(803) 254-1300Fax(803) 771-7597
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. James Stands, MD is an obstetrician/gynecologist in West Columbia, South Carolina. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in South Carolina. He is affiliated with Lexington Medical Center and Prisma Health Baptist Hospital.
Education & Training
- Prisma HealthResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1977 - 1979
- Prisma HealthResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1976 - 1976
- Medical University of South Carolina College of MedicineClass of 1975
Certifications & Licensure
- SC State Medical License 1977 - 2023
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Obstetrics & Gynecology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification PrimeSUITE EHR, Greenway Health, LLC, 2013
- Fellow (FACOG) American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Publications & Presentations
- Miliary-meningeal tuberculosis during pregnancy: case report, and brief survey of the problem of extra-pulmonary tuberculosis.Stands, J. W., Jowers, R. G., Bryan, C. S.> ;J S C Med Assoc. 1977 Jun