Dr. Wells is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office700 19th St S
Birmingham, AL 35233Phone(205) 933-8101Fax(205) 933-4497
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- McGovern Medical School at UTHealthClass of 2005
Certifications & Licensure
- SC State Medical License 2017 - 2019
- AL State Medical License 2007 - 2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Pulmonary Disease
- COVID-19 Study of Safety and Tolerability of Alvelestat Start of enrollment: 2020 Nov 01James M Wells, MD
- Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Liquid Alpha1-Proteinase Inhibitor (Human) in Hospitalized Participants With Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Start of enrollment: 2020 Sep 01
- Study of Ensifentrine or Placebo Delivered Via pMDI in Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19 Start of enrollment: 2020 Aug 28
- Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety of VX-864 in Subjects With the PiZZ Genotype Start of enrollment: 2020 Jul 24
- Alvelestat (MPH966) for the Treatment of ALpha-1 ANTitrypsin Deficiency Start of enrollment: 2019 Apr 08Mark T Dransfield, MD
- A 12-week Study Treating Participants Who Have alpha1-antitrypsin-related COPD With Alvelestat (MPH966) or Placebo. Start of enrollment: 2018 Oct 29Robert Stockley, Prof.
- Study of COPD Subgroups and Biomarkers Start of enrollment: 2010 Nov 01Alejandro Cornellas, MD;David Couper, PhD;Eric Hoffman, MD;Eugene Bleecker, MD;Gerard Criner, MD;Graham Barr, PhD, MD;Igor Barjaktarevic, MD;Jerry Krishnan, MD;Mark Dransfield, MD;MeiLan Han, MD;Nadia Han...
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Rebuttal From Drs Wade and WellsR. Chad Wade, J. Michael Wells> ;Chest. 2020 May 1
- 1 citationsPOINT: Are Eosinophils Useful for the Management of COPD? YesR. Chad Wade, J. Michael Wells> ;Chest. 2020 May 1
- 1 citationsThe matrikine acetyl-proline-glycine-proline and clinical features of COPD: findings from SPIROMICS.J. Michael Wells, Dongqi Xing, Liliana Viera, Robert M. Burkes, Yixin Wu, Surya P. Bhatt, Mark T. Dransfield, David Couper, Wanda K. O'Neal, Eric A. Hoffman, Amit Gagg...> ;Respiratory Research. 2019 Nov 12
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: