Dr. McBarron is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1887 Whitney Mesa Drive Suite 1042
Henderson, NV 89014Phone(706) 464-6383
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Jan McBarron (Duke and The Doctor) was born, raised, married and received her medical doctorate in Philadelphia. As newlyweds she and her husband Duke moved to Georgia. She started her own medical practice, Georgia Bariatrics, specializing in Medical Bariatrics, non-surgical weight loss. In addition to her full-time medical practice, she and her husband co-hosted Duke and The Doctor. The radio show was recognized by Talkers Magazine for many years as one of the top 100 most influential nationally syndicated radio shows. In addition to being a published author, she has received countless awards including the Girl Scouts Women of Achievement, Top Doctor in Atlanta and Columbus Georgia, Distinguished Alumni for Entrepreneurship by Hahnemann Drexel Medical University, and the Clinician of the Year from the Natural Product Association.
Education & Training
- Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann UniversityResidency, Internal Medicine, 1985 - 1985
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University HospitalResidency, Surgery, 1984 - 1984
- Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann UniversityClass of 1984
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1993 - 2022
- SC State Medical License 1988 - 2001
- GA State Medical License 1986 - 2023
- PA State Medical License 1985 - 1988
- Dr. Jan McBarron's Tips to Jump-Start the Process of Weight-LossFebruary 12th, 2019
- Jan McBarron on What It’s like to Write and Publish Your First BookOctober 3rd, 2019
- Dr. Jan McBarron Offers Support to Individuals Pursuing a Post-Secondary Education in Health-Related StudiesDecember 13th, 2019
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: