Dr. Rubin is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office7327 SE 12th CIRCLE
Ocala, FL 34480Phone(352) 261-0901Fax(352) 350-9020
- Is this information wrong?
- I am board certified in neurology and sleep medicine. I engaged in research throughout my career, beginning with basic science research and clinical research during medical school and then residency at the University of Florida. Over the past twenty-five years I have participated as a principal investigator or sub-investigator in more than one hundred clinical trials studying various neurological diseases, while maintaining a highly active clinical practice. I have also had the pleasure of participating in training residents from the University of Central Florida College of Medicine. I worked full-time in clinical research from June 1, 2020 until March 1, 2020 as a principal investigator for several Alzheimer’s disease studies and as a sub-investigator for three Covid-19 vaccine trials. I am pursuing a new career to continue supporting excellence in clinical research with all the potential benefits for patients and caregivers including access to state of the art medical technology and much needed support. My other interests are family activities, daily exercise, tennis and playing 7-string bass guitar in a rock band called Second Opinion.
Education & Training
- University of Florida College of MedicineResidency, Neurology, 1983 - 1986
- Jacksonville Health Education ProgramInternship, Internal Medicine, 1982 - 1983
- University of Florida College of MedicineClass of 1982
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1983 - 2023
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Sleep Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- 10 citationsPsychosomatic pain: new insights and management strategies.Jay J. Rubin> ;Southern Medical Journal. 2005 Nov 1
- 24 citationsUse of coronary Palmaz-Schatz stent in the percutaneous treatment of vertebral artery stenosesRobert L. Feldman, Jay J. Rubin, R. Craig Kuykendall> ;Catheterization and Cardiovascular Diagnosis. 1996 Jul 1
- 17 citationsThe effect of tocopherol and dimethyl sulfoxide on focal edema and lipid peroxidation induced by isocortical injection of ferrous chloride.L. James Willmore, Jay J. Rubin> ;Brain Research. 1984 Apr 2
- Join now to see all
- Multiple Sclerosis Mimicking Primary Brain Tumor.Hunter, S.B., Ballinger, W.E. & Rubin, J.J., Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1987; 111: 464-468.
- PPD Research/Accelerated Enrollment Solutions (AES):Medical Director and investigator for several Alzheimer's disease clinical trials and three COVID-19 vaccine trials.2017 - 2021
- Investigator, Renstar Medical ResearchI was a principal investigator or sub-investigator for many clinical neurology trials while maintaining an active neurology practice.1995 - 2017
- University of Florida College of MedicineMedical research and publications (some listed above) while in medical school1978 - 1982
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: