Are you Dr. Afshar?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 90 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office509 Se Riverside Dr
Stuart, FL 34994Phone(772) 288-5862Fax(772) 288-5874
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Afshar, MD is a neurosurgeon in Stuart, Florida. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Florida and Virginia. He is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Martin North Hospital.
Education & Training
- Georgetown University HospitalResidency, Neurological Surgery, 1989 - 1995
- District of Columbia General HospitalResidency, General Surgery, 1988 - 1989
- Georgetown University HospitalInternship, Transitional Year, 1987 - 1988
- Georgetown University School of MedicineClass of 1987
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 1995 - 2023
- VA State Medical License 1992 - 2012
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Regional Top Doctor Castle Connolly, 2014
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013
- Fellow (FAANS) American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 30 citationsIncreased cerebral blood flow but no reversal or prevention of vasospasm in response to L-arginine infusion after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Ryszard M. Pluta, John K. B. Afshar, B. Gregory Thompson, Robert J. Boock, Judith Harvey-White, Edward H. Oldfield> ;Journal of Neurosurgery. 2000 Jan 1
- 83 citationsEffect of intracarotid nitric oxide on primate cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhageJohn K. B. Afshar, Ryszard M. Pluta, Robert J. Boock, B. G. Thompson, Edward H. Oldfield> ;Journal of Neurosurgery. 1995 Jul 1
- Woman Falls over and Regains Sight After 20 YearsMay 8th, 2016
- Neurosurgeons Expand Palm Beach Neuroscience InstituteApril 3rd, 2021
- Dr. John Afshar and Dr. John Robinson, Jr. Return to the Stuart Community and Open Neurosurgery OfficeApril 2nd, 2021
- Join now to see all
- Cleveland Clinic Martin North HospitalStuart, Florida