Dr. Austin is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office8929 University Center Ln
San Diego, CA 92122
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Austin is a fellowship trained, board certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in conservative and surgical treatment of shoulder, knee, and hip conditions.
Education & Training
- Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati/Cincinnati SportsMedicine and Orthopaedic CenterFellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2005 - 2006
- University of Michigan Health SystemResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000 - 2005
- University of Michigan Medical SchoolClass of 2000
- University of Michigan Ann ArborBS x2, Honors Chemistry; Cellular & Molecular Biology, Graduated with High Distinction, 1991 - 1995
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2012 - 2024
- OR State Medical License 2006 - 2023
- NM State Medical License 2012 - 2016
- MI State Medical License 2000 - 2010
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic SurgeonsMember
- Arthroscopy Association of North AmericaMember
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 42 citationsLoss of knee extension after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: effects of knee position and graft tensioning.John C. Austin, Chanakarn Phornphutkul, Edward M. Wojtys> ;Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume. 2007 Jul 1
- Scripps Memorial Hospital-La JollaLa Jolla, California
- Scripps Memorial Hospital-EncinitasEncinitas, California
- Northwest Orthopaedic Surgeryhttp://www.nworthosurgery.com
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: