Are you Dr. Casterline?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 58 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2871 Acton Road
Birmingham, AL 35243Phone+1 205-939-0023Fax+1 205-939-4180
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Casterline, MD is a board certified thoracic surgeon in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama and Illinois. He is affiliated with Grandview Medical Center, St. Vincent's Birmingham, and St. Vincent's East.
Education & Training
- University of Alabama Medical CenterFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 1994 - 1996
- University of Kansas (Wichita)Residency, Surgery, 1988 - 1993
- University of Kansas School of MedicineClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1993 - 2023
- IL State Medical License 2008 - 2011
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Promoting CSD500 Use Among Women in Established Relationships Start of enrollment: 2017 Jun 09
Publications & Presentations
- 2 citationsContraceptive Method Attributes and Married Women's Intention to Use the Pill or the Injectable in Rural Bangladesh.Fauzia Akhter Huda, John B. Casterline, Faisal Ahmmed, Kazuyo Machiyama, Hassan Rushekh Mahmood, Anisuddin Ahmed, John Cleland> ;International Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2018 Dec 1
- 9 citationsFactors influencing satisfaction with oral contraceptive pills and injectables among past users in KenyaGeorge Odwe, Joyce Mumah, Francis Obare, Marylene Wamukoya, Kazuyo Machiyama, John Cleland, John B. Casterline> ;Journal of Biosocial Science. 2019 Jul 1
- Method-Specific Attributes that Influence Choice of Future Contraception Among Married Women in Nairobi's Informal Settlements.Mumah, J. N., Mumah, J. N., Casterline, J. B., Casterline, J. B., Machiyama, K., Machiyama, K., Wamukoya, M., Wamukoya, M., Kabiru, C. W., Kabiru, C. W., Cleland, J., ...> ;Studies in family planning. 2018 Aug 21
- Join now to see all
- Ohio State University Trustees Approve New Hospital, Operating BudgetAugust 28th, 2020
- Population Research Infrastructure Program-Administrative CoreEunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute Of Child Health &Human Development2009–2011
- Initiative In Population ResearchEunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute Of Child Health &Human Development2009–2011
- Developmental CoreEunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute Of Child Health &Human Development2009–2011
- Estimation Of Unwanted FertilityEunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute Of Child Health &Human Development2006–2007
- Social Learning, Social Influence, And Fertility ControlEunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute Of Child Health &Human Development1997–2000
- Population CenterEunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute Of Child Health &Human Development1993
- Population And Social ChangeEunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute Of Child Health &Human Development1993
- Diffusion Of Fertility ControlEunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute Of Child Health &Human Development1990–1992
- St. Vincent's EastBirmingham, Alabama
- St. Vincent's BirminghamBirmingham, Alabama
- Grandview Medical CenterBirmingham, Alabama