Are you Dr. Heim?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 35 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3998 Red Lion Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19114Phone+1 215-612-5050Fax+1 215-612-5214
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Heim, MD is a board certified thoracic surgeon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Illinois. He is affiliated with Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Rush University Medical CenterFellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 1990 - 1992
- University of ConnecticutResidency, Surgery, 1985 - 1990
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolClass of 1985
Certifications & Licensure
- PA State Medical License 2003 - 2022
- NJ State Medical License 1993 - 2023
- IL State Medical License 1990 - 1993
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Inside Jersey Magazine Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2012-2014
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area Castle Connolly, 2011-2014
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsPredict multicategory causes of death in lung cancer patients using clinicopathologic factorsFei Deng, Haijun Zhou, Yong Lin, John A. Heim, Lanlan Shen, Yuan Li, Lanjing Zhang> ;Computers in Biology and Medicine. 2021 Feb 1
- Penn Medicine Princeton Medical CenterPlainsboro, New Jersey