Are you Dr. Hinson?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 44 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office101 Fitness Way
Athens, AL 35611Phone+1 256-262-2170Fax+1 256-216-1960
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Hinson, MD is a board certified urologist in Athens, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama and Texas. He is affiliated with Athens-Limestone Hospital, Huntsville Hospital, and Crestwood Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Baylor College of MedicineResidency, Urology, 1990 - 1994
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Joe and Teresa Lozano Long School of MedicineInternship, Transitional Year, 1989 - 1990
- Baylor College of MedicineClass of 1989
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1995 - 2023
- TX State Medical License 1990 - 1995
- American Board of Urology Urology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 15 citationsContinent ileocecal augmentation cystoplastyMark A. Sutton, John L. Hinson, Kevin G. Nickell, Timothy B. Boone> ;Spinal Cord. 1998 Apr 1
- 18 citationsIleovesicostomy as an alternative form of bladder management in tetraplegic patientsSteven E. Mutchnik, John L. Hinson, Kevin G. Nickell, Timothy B. Boone> ;Urology. 1997 May 1
- 54 citationsUrodynamics and multiple sclerosisJohn L. Hinson, Timothy B. Boone> ;Urologic Clinics of North America. 1996 Aug 1
- Crestwood Medical CenterHuntsville, Alabama
- Huntsville HospitalHuntsville, Alabama
- Athens-Limestone HospitalAthens, Alabama