Dr. L'Insalata is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office25 Manor Road
Staten Island, NY 10310Phone(718) 556-4700Fax(718) 748-3526
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John L'Insalata is an orthopedic surgeon in Brooklyn, NY and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Hospital for Special Surgery, NYU Langone Health—Brooklyn, Richmond University Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, Staten Island University Hospital, and NYU Langone Hospitals. He received his medical degree from Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University and has been in practice 22 years. He specializes in orthopedic sports medicine and is experienced in sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, pediatric orthopaedics, shoulder and elbow surgery, and fracture care.
Education & Training
- UPMC Medical EducationFellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 1995 - 1996
- Hospital for Special SurgeryResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1991 - 1995
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount SinaiInternship, Transitional Year, 1990 - 1991
- Weill Cornell MedicineClass of 1990
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 1996 - 2019
- PA State Medical License 1995 - 1996
- NY State Medical License 1991 - 2024
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Lewis Clark Wagner Award Hospital for Special Surgery
- John Metcalf Polk Prize for General Efficiency Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University
- Clarence C. Coryell Prize in Medicine Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 224 citationsComparison of arthroscopic and open anterior shoulder stabilization. A two to six-year follow-up study.Brian J. Cole, John C. L'insalata, Jay J. Irrgang, Jon J.P. Warner> ;Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume. 2000 Aug 1
- 297 citationsA Self-Administered Questionnaire for Assessment of Symptoms and Function of the Shoulder*John C. L'insalata, Russell F. Warren, Steven B. Cohen, David W. Altchek, Margaret G. E. Peterson> ;Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume. 1997 May 1
- 311 citationsTunnel expansion following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a comparison of hamstring and patellar tendon autograftsJohn C. L'Insalata, Brian A. Klatt, Freddie H. Fu, Christopher D. Harner> ;Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. 1997 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: