Dr. Scaffidi is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2200 W Hamilton St
Allentown, PA 18104Phone+1 610-821-8321Fax+1 610-232-7952
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Scaffidi graduated from Muhlenberg College with honors in both biology and psychology, and was awarded membership into Psi Chi, the national Psychology Honor Society in 1983. This was followed by a Master’s program which focused on human physiology while participating in research with the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) and for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Medical school followed at UMDNJ at Cooper Hospital where he graduated, again with honors. Residency followed in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the prestigious St. Barnabas Medical Center where he served as chief resident completing his training in 1992. Dr. Scaffidi has also distinguished himself by acheiving board certification in not only obstetrics and gynecology, but obesity medicine as well. He has been using his skill and training in private practice while continuing to further his education on a constant basis with the sole purpose of improving lives in the fields of obstetrics, gynecology and bariatrics.
Education & Training
- Rutgers Health/Cooperman Barnabas Medical CenterResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1988 - 1992
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical SchoolClass of 1988
Certifications & Licensure
- PA State Medical License 1997 - 2022
- NJ State Medical License 1989 - 1999
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Board of Obesity Medicine Obesity Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FABOM) American Board Obesity Medicine, 2018
- Fellow (FACOG) American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Publications & Presentations
- The Pregnant Women as a Drug Orphan: A Global Survey of Registered Clinical Trials of Pharmacological Interventions in PregnancyJohn Scaffidi, MD, BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Director, Steward Health System at Easton Hospital, Medical Bariatrics 2019 - Present
- Lehigh Valley Health Network at Coordinated HealthAllentown, Pennsylvania
- St. Luke's Easton CampusEaston, Pennsylvania
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: