Are you Dr. Sharretts?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 57 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3400 Civic Center Boulevard
West Pavilion, 4th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104Phone+1 215-662-2300
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. John Sharretts, MD is an endocrinologist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and District of Columbia. He is affiliated with Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center and is an Assistant Professor at Perelman School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- National Institutes of Health Clinical CenterFellowship, Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, 2008 - 2011
- MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1995 - 1999
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 1994 - 1995
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of MedicineClass of 1994
Certifications & Licensure
- PA State Medical License 2011 - 2014
- MD State Medical License 1999 - 2015
- DC State Medical License 1997 - 2024
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 5 citationsClinical presentation and management of primary ovarian neuroendocrine tumor in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1.Sakshi Jhawar, Rahul Lakhotia, Mari Suzuki, James Welch, Sunita K. Agarwal, John Sharretts, Maria J. Merino, Mark A. Ahlman, Jenny E Blau, William F. Simonds, Jaydira ...> ;Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Case Reports. 2019 Aug 20
- 14 citationsSynergy to reduce emergency department visits for uncontrolled hyperglycemia.Michelle F. Magee, Carine M. Nassar, James Copeland, Ali Fokar, John M. Sharretts, Jeffrey S. Dubin, Mark S. Smith> ;The Diabetes Educator. 2013 Apr 22
- 17 citationsConversion from Intravenous Insulin to Subcutaneous Insulin After Cardiovascular Surgery: Transition to Target StudyMansur E. Shomali, Daniel Herr, Peter C. Hill, Marieta Pehlivanova, John M. Sharretts, Michelle F. Magee> ;Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 2011 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
- Fish-Oil Medication Approved to Reduce Risk of Cardiovascular DeathsDecember 16th, 2019
- FDA Gives Expanded Approval to Prescription Fish Oil, Vascepa, for Heart PatientsDecember 16th, 2019
- FDA Approves Use of Drug to Reduce Risk of Cardiovascular Events in Certain Adult Patient GroupsDecember 16th, 2019
- Join now to see all
- Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical CenterPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania